The Companion Animal Gripe/Annoying Things Thread

The cats like to open up our bedroom door, like push it wide open. I want my partner to install a cat door just so we can get more sleep and I don't have to worry about flashing a roommate.

Reactions: KLS52
The cats like to open up our bedroom door, like push it wide open. I want my partner to install a cat door just so we can get more sleep and I don't have to worry about flashing a roommate.
Haha...good idea!

I made a draught excluder the other day and it lasted about 10 minutes as my dogs thought it was a toy for them.:rolleyes:

Reactions: ledboots
My roommates 80 lb rottweiler puppy knows he's too heavy for me to push him off me like I could when he was only 30 lbs, so now he half way jumps into my lap when I'm sitting and basically pins me to the chair. It's a good thing he isn't coordinated enough to jump all the way up or he'd squash me.
eek.gif

Her cat doesn't like other cats so she doesn't get along with mine. The other day mine were out of my room and exploring another bedroom. So, I closed the door and let my roommates cat come in my room to look around. I was kind of hoping she might get used to the smell of my cats with it being all over the room and start to like them. Wishful thinking I know. o_O

She was nervous of course but decided she liked their cat tree. She noticed Gizmo (the old one) was still in the room, he just sits on the bed, and started growling. I told her it was time to leave and she growled at me. When I tried to shoo her out, she ran under the chair, then back up the cat tree to the top, and was growling, hissing and spitting at me when I tried to get her down. :eek: Thankfully, I was able to get her out using a bag of treats. She's never acted like before, needless to say, she is not welcome in my room again. Once she was out of the room, she was back to her loveable self and followed me around purring and rubbing against my legs. :rolleyes:

Crazy, adorable cat. :p

My cats ignored the Christmas tree at first but then one of them must have started playing with the baubles as I kept finding them on the floor. I had to move the tree onto something high up.:rolleyes:

Reactions: KLS52
My cats ignored the Christmas tree at first but then one of them must have started playing with the baubles as I kept finding them on the floor. I had to move the tree onto something high up.:rolleyes:
I want to decorate so badly this year but I really think it will be a disaster. The living room is still pretty much cleared out from Having Thanksgiving at my house and I have a perfect spot for a big, beautiful tree.

But my four are so, so bad...I feel like the more positive attention I give them the more demanding they are becoming for more and more attention. They are relentless.

The weird thing is, if I go sit on the bed or the couch, or even plop right down on the floor, they will finally settle down. It's as if I can't be up and around trying to do anything...they think it means playtime.

^ How annoying.:pout: It's only one of mine that is usually naughty, I caught her jumping up and trying to walk on the presents to get to the tree again. I think she likes the lights.

We had a crazy night last night thanks to a very cute, escape artist puppy.

My roommate recently a foster dog to keep the rottie pup company. It turned out to be a small terrier, a little too small, but they did play (and still do). Unfortunately, her min pin didn't like him so much (hated might be appropriate) so we've been juggling dogs to keep them from being together for the past few days.

Then she saw a puppy online she wanted to adopt. The ad said he was a husky mix, but he looked like a medium size pitbull. They were keeping him in a box on the porch :eek: so she went and got him. When she walked in the door, she was carrying a teeny, tiny, unbelievably adorable dog. Boy was that picture deceiving. The vet said he was around 4-5 months, and he was about the size of a chihuahua puppy.

Now she had to keep him separate (quarantined) from the others as well. It didn't quite go as planned. The puppy was adorable but LOUD. He cried and cried and cried, nonstop. During the night he somehow managed to squeeze between the bars of the gate and tore up the living room. Pooped everywhere. The other dogs saw him out and they knocked down their gate and joined him in tearing up and dragging things around. At some point, they brought a bunch of their bones out to snack on. They were spread all over the rug.

She rounded them up, got the puppy back in his area and he got out again. She put a large board in front of the gate and he still got out. Finally she put the board up in front of the gate, leaned another gate against it, put two full Sparkletts bottles against it and a cat tree. Yep, he got out. He ended up in the bathroom where she tried using the gate again. Then the gate and board, and finally, after multiple escapes, she shut the door.

This afternoon he went to a rescue. :p

:eek: Oh no.:rofl: He sounded adorable though. Did you take a photo of him?

I had to take my dog to the vet last night (nothing serious) and he was really acting up! I was trying to hold him and he was really struggling when the vet was examining him and he ended up breaking two of my nails.:rolleyes:

Vet visits can be so difficult. The worst for me is when one of the cats is so stressed that they poop in the carrier. I have to pull the car over immediately to evacuate the poop before the cat manages to get it all over himself. It's torture, lol. But I always go prepared with wipes and baggies.

No pictures, but I wish I had taken a picture of him, and then a picture of what was left of the living room. :p Although a video of her trying to barricade the gate against a tiny puppy would have been pretty amusing.

Only Gizmo is a pain to take to the vet. He tries to get out the whole time, and usually ends up cutting his nose or tearing a nail trying to get the door open. The other two aren't bad, they just cry.

It really, really annoys me how spiteful my cats can be. They do the typical bad cat behaviors, like knocking things over, when I don't give them the attention they demand. They like to pounce on me if I'm sitting in bed playing on my phone. Then they try to be all cute and in my face to try and get me to get up. When that doesn't work they paw and bite at the phone, knock the remote off the bed, dig around in the box on my nightstand that has the tissues, eye drops, hand cream, etc. and pull everything out. I can shoo them away ten times and they will keep coming back. All it takes is for me to put one foot off the side of the bed like I'm pretending to get up. They immediately start to run to the other room. My foot doesn't even hit the floor. They fall for it every time, hahahahaha. Little b@st@rds...two can play this game.