US The 2020 Campaign for US President

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: Urban Gardener
I don't know who would be a good pick for VP, but it has to be someone with fairly solid, robust credentials: Someone who could be a good presidential candidate in 2024, and who could take over for Biden if he has to resign due to health issues during the coming term.

Is the USA really ready for a presidential candidate who is both a woman and black? Considering the current state of affairs, I have my doubts.

Is the USA really ready for a presidential candidate who is both a woman and black? Considering the current state of affairs, I have my doubts.

In the U.S. people will vote for a black man before they vote for a women (of any color), so this is a real issue.

Unfortunately, many Democrats live in a bubble and don't understand how "moderates" think.

We can only hope that their revulsion for Trump exceeds their bias.

• Agree
Reactions: KLS52
In the U.S. people will vote for a black man before they vote for a women (of any color), so this is a real issue.

Unfortunately, many Democrats live in a bubble and don't understand how "moderates" think.

We can only hope that their revulsion for Trump exceeds their bias.
Yes, and there has never been a female VP before either, IIRC. The only attempt from a major party was the 2008 McCain - Palin ticket.

Perhaps there has been a great demographic shift that I don't know about? Perhaps the new, younger voters since 2016 have tipped the scales?

Yes, and there has never been a female VP before either, IIRC. The only attempt from a major party was the 2008 McCain - Palin ticket.

Perhaps there has been a great demographic shift that I don't know about? Perhaps the new, younger voters since 2016 have tipped the scales?
Geraldine Ferraro with Mondale.

AFAIK the dems in power fear progressives more than fascists

WARNING: Satire

Federal Troops Tear-Gas Yankees Off Field So Trump Can Throw Out First Pitch

WARNING: Satire

Federal Troops Tear-Gas Yankees Off Field So Trump Can Throw Out First Pitch

I kinda needed this to be real...

• Haha
Reactions: Amy SF
Biden needs to get his act together. Pick a running mate. Amp up his campaign. He's losing momentum.

I disagree. Trump goes on the air and hurts himself. Biden's regular act is full of gaffes and mistakes. I think every day that Tump is in the news and Biden isn't is a win for Biden. Biden's poll numbers keep getting better. Trump's not so much.
Most presidential candidates don't announce their VP till at the convention. Let Biden take his time and not make any mistakes. Right now every day Biden gets some column inches while people speculate on his VP. After he selects one the media is only going to dissect the choice.

I disagree. Trump goes on the air and hurts himself. Biden's regular act is full of gaffes and mistakes. I think every day that Tump is in the news and Biden isn't is a win for Biden. Biden's poll numbers keep getting better. Trump's not so much.
Most presidential candidates don't announce their VP till at the convention. Let Biden take his time and not make any mistakes. Right now every day Biden gets some column inches while people speculate on his VP. After he selects one the media is only going to dissect the choice.

I can see that angle. That's an interesting take on it.

A local congressman Lacy Clay was unseated in yesterday's primary...its being cast as a win for progressives but Clay actually had a really good record on animals so I hope his successor can live up to that.

A local congressman Lacy Clay was unseated in yesterday's primary...its being cast as a win for progressives but Clay actually had a really good record on animals so I hope his successor can live up to that.

I have mixed feelings about this. When a progressive democrat beats a conservative republican its clearly a win-win. When a progressive democrat beats a conservative democratic - I guess its a win. But Clay to the best of my knowledge was not conservative. and to boot, he is very popular. So... I'm not feeling very positive about this.

• Agree
So, Biden has picked Harris, and West is now on the ballot in a few states.

I think he offers a fresh perspective and he's worth listening to.

I just hope Trump doesn't win, and I'm skeptical of anyone crossing the line from entertainer to politician - entertainment involves a lot of image polishing (a different kind than in politics) and the music, tv appearances, etc serve as constant ads, which throws a wrench in things. Just like we've seen with Trump.

We'll see what happens.

I think he offers a fresh perspective and he's worth listening to.

I just hope Trump doesn't win, and I'm skeptical of anyone crossing the line from entertainer to politician - entertainment involves a lot of image polishing (a different kind than in politics) and the music, tv appearances, etc serve as constant ads, which throws a wrench in things. Just like we've seen with Trump.

We'll see what happens.
Kanyes needed help for a long time....
and it's the trumplican party trying to get him on the ticket. which i don't see getting them anywhere anyways....

I do think it's a shame there hasn't a been a real push from real 3rd party contenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.