Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

we started with our usual aglio y olio type spaghettini and I wanted some lentils so we put in a drained/rinsed can with the garlic, onion, chili peppers, tons of mushrooms, (forgot the olives) and had 1/4 baguette thinly sliced - for dessert a date, a brazil nut and 3 almonds

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

I made these rice paper sushi rolls from the Cheap Lazy Vegan. OMG, they are so delicious! There are lots of options for the protein, and since I didn't have tofu available, I used a can of vegan toona and some flaked chickpeas. My rice paper wrapping skills are a work in progress, but I did just fine for this recipe as they all held together. I also didn't add kelp powder or beetroot powder, but I did crinkle up some nori to add for the "fishy" flavor.

They are a little work prep-wise, but they come together fast once you have everything ready. I highly recommend them. :)

Last edited:
I am broiling bbq tempeh that was marinating for like a week and roasting corn.
Corn :drool: Can't wait to get the good stuff here!
I'm developing a taste for tempeh now, I used to try and hide it, but turns out I do like it better when it's simmered first.

I made the Breakfast sausage recipe from Isa Moskowitz newest Fake Meat and made a sandwich. Wish I had a pasta salad or coleslaw or something on the side

Happy Birthday @Brian W

Yesterday I found Indian Tasty Bites are available again and they are $3 cheaper in Walmart than anywhere else so we had rice and split two of them and had some tortilla chips on the side and roasted pumpkin seeds, nuts and dark chocolate for desset.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

As it was my birthday yesterday and we couldn't celebrate because M had medical tests today that required her to not eat solid food for days, today we are going to order a Thali to takeaway from the closest Indian restaurant.
Happy birthday, Brian!

Reactions: Brian W
Note to self: do not put slow cooker on "high" when I'm going to bed....

I put some soaked chickpeas in my slow cooker Sunday night. They take notoriously long to cook (in my experience), so I put them on high with plenty of water. When I turned them off and checked them in the morning, they were somewhat... roasted. I let them cool (I wasn't going to pour cold water into a hot slow cooker and risk cracking it. The cooker wasn't damaged- the blackened material came off easily and completely, and the chick peas actually are quite tasty, although I'm throwing out the really burned ones. I cooked some brown rice in the cooker after I cleaned it out; that came out fine.

Belated happy birthday @Brian W !

Over the past couple of days I have had a 'large & hearty salad' as main dish for dinner - which included, besides the greens, chickpeas. Yesterday I also added avocado and baby potatoes to the salad - it was a nice mix of flavours and textures.

For dessert - I have been having dried fruits, dates and nuts with a sprinkle of tahini. The day before yesterday I also had strawberries and a grapefruit.
All good.

Last edited: