Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

I can't decide what I want for dinner. I haven't made vegan sausages in a while, so I might make those and have them with sauerkraut and some roasted Brussels sprouts and potatoes. Or, I could do seitan steak with grilled rosemary potatoes and green beans. Or maybe more buffalo seitan soy curls. :D Gaaah!

Over the past two days I have been having 'hearty-salads' as main dish - besides the leafy greens, I have added avocado, buckwheat, pinto beans and chickpeas to make them 'hearty'. The dressing has been a mix of vinegar, dijon mustard, tahini and nutritional yeast. Very good

For dessert, the day before yesterday I had a mango, and a mug of 'mashed banana mix' - with dried berries, dates, nuts, cinnamon, dried coconut flakes and tahini. Yesterday I just had a bunch of dates (after I bought the package, I realized they were coated in syrup - so a little on the heavy side ...). But all good

had my noodley soup for lunch so we just made a pot of rice and put a bunch of lentil and broccoli sprouts on tops and then put some soy sauce, gourmet rice vinegar, other spices and sriracha and a drizzle of tahini - lots of chewing with those sprouts

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: Mazen and PTree15
last night was Friday night pizza night - a whole grain square flatbread crust with sauce, green olives, green onions, pineapple, mushrooms, one thinly sliced Gusta sausage, cheez shreds - it was very tasty and a few blue tortilla chips on the side

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

I'm grilling some lion's mane shrooms for dinner tonight. I'm going to press out all the water in between two frying pans first, but finish them on the grill with some homemade BBQ sauce. My BBQ sauce recipe is very easy and so delicious. You can embellish it in so many ways. Here it is below if anyone wants to try it.

BBQ SAUCE

1/4 cup finely minced onion

2 tbl Peanut oil (Or use water to saute)

1 tbl sugar

1/2 tsp salt

2 tbl apple cider vinegar

1 tbl vegan Worcestershire sauce

1/2 cup water or 1/2 cup whiskey or brandy for a more bold flavour

1 cup chili sauce (I use a full standard size bottle of Heinz Chili Sauce. You can also use a combination of ketchup and chili sauce)

Cook onions in oil or water over low heat, stirring frequently, about 10 minutes (not golden, but soft and translucent).

Add remaining ingredients. Simmer about 10 minutes; stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Yield: 2 cups.

I put in the whole bottle of chili sauce and usually more onions than stated. You can embellish this recipe in so many ways. It's a great base to start with though. Enjoy!