Styles

I like both the new veggie views styles! The "regular" veggie views is the best of the two, IMO. Nice job!

I'm sticking with with Flexible Dark + Green though... I do like the green styles...

Reactions: Pickle Juice
I would like to see a theme in some sort of 'warm' color (something on the red end of the spectrum). Ideally a lighter theme like the VeggieViews one (which is currently my favorite) since I find the dark themes harder to read. But I don't want to be a bother if no one else is interested.

I like the VeggieViews Green - not quite as artistic as the regular VeggieViews, but easier on my eyes, and very visually appealing. Thank you!

Ok we now have VeggieViews High Contrast. I darkened the post font and lightened the background just a wee bit. Let me know if it works better.

I had to make a very slight color adjustment to the Xenforo default style (blue) to two components to solve a disappearing font problem when hovering over a link.

I LOVE the VeggieViews one! I really loved the XenForo one, because I like lighter styles (to me, for some reason forums seem so much bigger and friendlier and all that when I view in lighter styles. The whole mood changes, besides being aesthetically pleasing. In fact, I actually got sick of this forum when I first joined very, very soon after joining. I didn't even want to make my first post with the dark style, I just couldn't deal with it, and then RabbitLuvr told me you can change the styles and I was like, "Wow, never mind, I love this place!!!!" :p), but then I tried this one and at first I thought it'd be too dark for my liking, but after a few minutes I realized I absolutely loved it. I love the way it looks with my avatar on the front page, the colours just seem very dinosaur-y to me and originally that was why I had to keep this one. :starshower:

I LOVE the VeggieViews one! I really loved the XenForo one, because I like lighter styles (to me, for some reason forums seem so much bigger and friendlier and all that when I view in lighter styles. The whole mood changes, besides being aesthetically pleasing. In fact, I actually got sick of this forum when

^This is how I feel as well. While the others may look cool, I'm sticking with the XenForo one. I can't deal with the different color backgrounds. I just want the plain boring white one.:D

Reactions: KLS52
I like it! I find that high contrast stuff hurts my eyes, so will stick to regular.
I had it on the dark blue one, since thats what it was when I joined, as it was different to VeggieBoards so I wouldnt get confused. But now I dont post there I'll not get confused if VV is green!

edit: I lied. You cannot read the hover text, when you hover over a forum name. Its light green on white. and not to be horribly picky, but I dont think the icons for the forums match the actual forum style (the speech bubbles). are those looking at being changed?

I LOVE the VeggieViews one! I really loved the XenForo one, because I like lighter styles (to me, for some reason forums seem so much bigger and friendlier and all that when I view in lighter styles. The whole mood changes, besides being aesthetically pleasing. In fact, I actually got sick of this forum when I first joined very, very soon after joining. I didn't even want to make my first post with the dark style, I just couldn't deal with it, and then RabbitLuvr told me you can change the styles and I was like, "Wow, never mind, I love this place!!!!" :p), but then I tried this one and at first I thought it'd be too dark for my liking, but after a few minutes I realized I absolutely loved it. I love the way it looks with my avatar on the front page, the colours just seem very dinosaur-y to me and originally that was why I had to keep this one. :starshower:
Thank you. I am glad you like it so much!

I really really like High Contrast. Is it a big deal to use the same colours on a narrower board style like the Flexible Dark Green one?
No, I was working on it at the same time, but put it off because modifying the Xenforo style is a bit easier.

^This is how I feel as well. While the others may look cool, I'm sticking with the XenForo one. I can't deal with the different color backgrounds. I just want the plain boring white one.:D
VeggieViews Green has a plain white background, I just switched out all the blue for green, to match the logo better.

I like it! I find that high contrast stuff hurts my eyes, so will stick to regular.
I had it on the dark blue one, since thats what it was when I joined, as it was different to VeggieBoards so I wouldnt get confused. But now I dont post there I'll not get confused if VV is green!

edit: I lied. You cannot read the hover text, when you hover over a forum name. Its light green on white. and not to be horribly picky, but I dont think the icons for the forums match the actual forum style (the speech bubbles). are those looking at being changed?
I will check this out. There were a few things in the regular Xenforo that were unreadable because the font was too close to the background color, like when you hover over links in posts, and I thought I caught them all.

And we are working on new icons to replace those bubbles.

If you mean the quote bubbles that contain a forum's description when you hover over a forum name on the front page, I believe I have darkened the background sufficiently. The text is transparent, and shows the color underneath the bubbles.

If that isn't what you meant, please show me a screen shot? And thanks for catching it. :)