Announcement Making VV a vegan forum supportive of vegetarians and open to compatible and interested omnis

MOD POST
Let's try not to make this argument personal, neither explicitly nor implicitly, intentionally nor unintentionally. Also, be sure to stay on topic, please!

My main concern is being able to complain about annoying comments I get from omnis. I don't want to deal with omni members going into the Silly/Annoying/Funny Things Omnis Say thread and acting all butthurt and defensive. That's my place to vent!!

Other than that, I don't have a problem with interested omnis joining VV.

We will continue to have strictly vegan/vegetarian threads correct?
I'd hate to see that compromised!
Or have disputes about veg*nism in general! o_O

I'm more than fine with folks being here to appreciate food and advocacy! :)

My main concern is being able to complain about annoying comments I get from omnis. I don't want to deal with omni members going into the Silly/Annoying/Funny Things Omnis Say thread and acting all butthurt and defensive. That's my place to vent!!
We will continue to have strictly vegan/vegetarian threads correct?
I'd hate to see that compromised!
Or have disputes about veg*nism in general! o_O
Good points, thank you for thinking of this. These are my current thoughts on this, though they are subject to change.

I could make it so only those who have declared themselves as vegans or vegetarians could post in the Vegan and the Vegetarian forums, though I'm not sure that's the best solution. Maybe we'll just say that after all VV is (going to be) a forum that is advocating a vegan lifestyle, so they (omnis) just have to accept that there are threads here where veg*ns come to vent without looking for an argument.

Anyone having a problem with that or with the vegan philosophy in general will have to go elsewhere with their concerns. As before, we would still allow disputes between vegans about veganism, and still discourage arguments between vegans and vegetarians about veganism and vegetarianism.