Styles

Pickle Juice

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have created a new style for you to try, called "VeggieViews". We are working on new status icons to replace the conversation bubbles that indicate which forums have unread posts in them on the front page, so those won't be there much longer.

Any suggestions as to favorite color schemes are welcome. :)

The Style Chooser is at the lower left corner of the page.

The VeggieViews style is very pretty, but these old eyes need a bit more contrast between the print and the background. My eyes can't do light print on a dark background either, so I am currently stuck with the blue style, and blue is one of my least favorite colors.

ETA: Would it be possible to do a version of the VeggieViews style where the posts appear in black? It wouldn't be quite as aesthetically pleasing as the VeggieViews style.

The VeggieViews style is very pretty, but these old eyes need a bit more contrast between the print and the background. My eyes can't do light print on a dark background either, so I am currently stuck with the blue style, and blue is one of my least favorite colors.

ETA: Would it be possible to do a version of the VeggieViews style where the posts appear in black?
Yes it would. I tend to feel more comfortable with lower contrast, hence the appearance of my first try. :)

I'm thinking of it as another option, not to replace this - aesthetically, this is pretty much perfect, IMO.

I don't see why we couldn't have both options. :)

I like it! It'd be neat to also have different color schemes for that style. The earthy tones on that one are nice!

Reactions: Pickle Juice

Yeah it looks great, but I'll stick with the regular XenForo style with the white background and dark print. It's nice to have the option though.

Reactions: Queerasaurus Rex
Yes. I had to switch back to Xenforo after trying the other for a bit. I don't know if it's because there isn't enough contrast on the backgrounds/fonts?

Ok we have another style. VeggieViews Green. It is just like the blue default, only everything that was blue is now green. I left the post backgrounds and posting fonts alone. Alice-Bee made us some cute mushroom icons that we will see on the front page as soon as Indian Summer uploads them to the proper spot. :)

I like the VeggieViews Green one. :D

Going to stick with the dark green style for now though. I'm used to it!
Thank you. :)

I will eventually tinker with the dark styles too. We will definitely need the new mushroom icons on our front pages. But I won't be deleting anything we already have. Just basing new versions off old ones. :)

Reactions: Muggle
Tried it...it's very, very nice but the default blue works best for me.

I do like the greens since they set off the logo so well. I even changed the color of my avatar to match. :p

I'm up for other color suggestions though. Purple? Gray? Other shades of blue? Even... pink? :p