Spin Mops at Aldi

Mischief

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
This week, Aldi has its spin mops on sale. These are available (at least in my area) once a year. They are $20, and come with two extra mop heads, which makes them a very good deal.

They are the best thing I've encountered for cleaning non-carpet floors - they tackle tough jobs well, and clean much better than any other kind of mop. I use a separate bucket for the clean water, and use the spin bucket only for spinning out.

How much mop strands do they have? The picture looks kinda lacking
Can you use force, or is the middle bare? The picture shows the strands circling the middle, flat on the floor.
Is the benefit in wringing out the water? I have a topper to my bucket that squishes out the mop head, does this one act like a salad spinner?

The mop head is plenty full. Yes, the thing works sort of like a salad spinner.

The mop heads can be removed and washed. I seldom do that, however, since I put some bleach in my "clean water" bucket, and leave the mop to sit in that between uses. The Aldi mop comes with two extra mop heads, and they snap on and off fairly easily.

If you have a floor with any unevenness (such as textured linoleum or tile), this kind of mop does a much better job of getting into the nooks and crevices than any sponge mop I've ever tried. The only thing that can challenge it for cleaning ability is getting down on your hands and knees with a heavy duty rag or scrub brush.

I've used the industrial size rag mops with the big wringer buckets in the past, and have always ended up with an aching back after cleaning a good size room. This does a better job, and no aching back.

It will also pick up a lot of liquid. I have had three old, not-very-continent dogs to clean up after during the last year and a half (two now gone, to my great sorrow), and this has saved me a fortune in paper towels. I mop up, wring out well, rinse in the water-with-bleach, and go over the floor again. I have a mop dedicated to these spot cleanups, and another one that I use for the general floor cleaning.

IOW, my mops have been getting really heavy, constant use. I do spray the gear mechanisms with lubricant every couple of weeks to keep the spinner working smoothly, since the mops get such constant use.

Yeah but it sounds like you do it! I'm big on spot cleaning. I save those thin cardboard junk mail ads to scoop things up and bring the paper towels I dry my lunch stuff at work home.
I'm talking about undigested cat food throw ups and the occasional hair ball btw

Yeah, we've been using junk mailer, sales flyers, etc., for scooping up solids too.

My two guys whom I lost this year both had kidney failure, and the amount of pee they put out.... I went through 4 or more rolls of paper towels a day until I switched to the spin mops.

And pee, even the diluted stuff produced by the ones with kidney failure, requires a thorough and prompt cleanup if odor is to be avoided.

Oh no, I'm sure. I just live with an extraordinary number of animals. There's always stuff to mop up.

Same here. It's never ending. I use towels to clean up after my elderly dog. I am sure at some point I will burn my washer up. Maybe I need to switch to your mop method.

So my cousin posted this on FB. Is this the norm for Aldi stores? I thought most people liked them.

"Today we decided to finally check out the new inexpensive grocery store "Aldi" that opened within the last year. So first we have to pay a quarter for the cart with the promise we get it back when we return it. I was underwhelmed as I can find better prices at walmart. We purchased 3 items. After I check out the girl hands me my change and says thanks. I say do you have bags? She said we sell them.... I said no problem I am fine. I return the cart and cannot figure out how to get my freaking quarter back so at the end of the day I will not be shopping there!"

I mean, it doesn't sound so terrible to me...bring your own bags, which I usually do anyway, and return your cart. Not sure what the issue was with getting her quarter back.

If she can't figure out how to get the quarter back....well, I'm not sure what to say. It's pretty obvious, and this from someone (me) who can be quite the idiot about simple mechanical things.

Reactions: KLS52
I LUV Aldi-HATE Walmart!
Aldi is fluid. Aldi is efficient. Aldi has just I need, including many of their 'special' items, which have been just as good as their name brands-or better
You do need to get used to what they have, as well as what they sometimes have. They DO have the best prices! and everyone is always nice! I've never been in a bad mood shopping there, even when there's a long line it's fast because of how well things are labeled, and how quickly cashiers can push items through and place in the cart>and the cashiers sit on stools and take turns stocking and cashiering, probably the only store I would want to work at!

Aldi's are planning big time expansion- the one by me is slotted to renovate- I'm excited! :D

Reactions: KLS52
I wonder if I will ever get one near me. :(

Well this is the cousin that I got into the disagreement with over politics, haha.

...and you need a quarter to release the cart from the stall- no carts taking up parking spaces, or left in the rain. People are always looking for someone heading to the store to pass on their cart after loading- as well as those entering look for for someone walking one back to the stall. They either trade quarters or just say " pass it on".
They don't have many employees at any given time because they're so efficient. No stacking cans or bottles on shelves, the whole box they come in goes on the shelf, and you can a box for packing if you want. Employees are paid a higher rate, and little turnover
I see Aldis in mostly in the middle of the country now

Oh my gosh...I decided to try a store locator and there's one 14 miles from me! I must have driven right by it because I was on route 9 twice in the last two months or so. I'm going to go!

Not a huge Aldi fan (here in Germany, Aldi's home base).

Because of their focus on lowest prices, their selection of vegan-friendly food is quite limited, other than produce, a few accidentally vegan items, and 20 or so vegetarian special foods (a few of which are vegan) that are, however, either not much cheaper or not at the same quality as other shops' offerings.