Charity

Rory17

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Hello 👋,

I’m a 24-year old female. I’m Autistic. I’m also vegan.

I have this idea for a charity that would be a place for the homeless (they could sleep, eat, read, use entertainment, drink (not alcohol though), clean themselves, use the bathroom (!), clean their teeth and use mouthwash and floss, and live there until they get their own places), an animal sanctuary (mainly for farmed animals and, possibly, dogs, cats, small animals, companion birds and, maybe, injured and sick wildlife), an organic veg and fruit garden, a wildlife garden, a Buddhist learning room and, maybe, a separate meditation room (or the same room could be used for both) and a vegan cafe. We would advocate for veganism, animal rights, the homeless, the poor and the environment and wildlife. Those who are use a food bank and/or can otherwise prove that they are in hard times (poverty, unemployment, debt, grief, mental health issues, terminal illness (them or their family) or otherwise very ill) can eat there for free/donations.

I have dedicated my life (in part) to kindness and compassion for other sentient beings.

At the moment, it’s not doable. I still live part-time in supported living and part-time with my parents and sister (and cats!). I also don’t work at the moment (not my own fault, I’m on Disability Living Allowance and I haven’t found a good, suitable, paid job that I want that would want. I really want a job.)

Thank you 😊.

Reactions: KLS52 and Hog
Please think of all the charitable things that you might be doing right now. Helping your family with cooking, cleaning, and child care are all noble acts of kindness.

Think about all the times that you have supported fellow vegans at this forum. This might seem trivial but it is not. I desperately need to listen to other vegans to stay sane. The advice of other vegans is priceless to me.