Question Spiked food

K

Kelly

Recently I encountered hatred at a restaraunt. I was served beef I’m sure as a prank after announcing I did not consume animals and was in need of something to eat. In addition to being a vegan, I have a life threatening condition in which when I consume mammals or their products I go into anaphylactic shock.
On this occasion I nearly lost my life.
I am trying to hold them responsible for this action and need assistance.
Does anyone know where I can get help?
Fighting them is looking like it might cost more money than is available.

Note that this question apparently applies to the US as Kelly has chosen the 'US' prefix.

I'm sure in a country as large as the US there must be organisations that work for the interests of people with food allergies. I would try get in touch with one of these in the first instance.

Recently I encountered hatred at a restaraunt. I was served beef I’m sure as a prank after announcing I did not consume animals and was in need of something to eat. In addition to being a vegan, I have a life threatening condition in which when I consume mammals or their products I go into anaphylactic shock.
On this occasion I nearly lost my life.
I am trying to hold them responsible for this action and need assistance.
Does anyone know where I can get help?
Fighting them is looking like it might cost more money than is available.
I think this could easily be considered intentional food poisoning....

I hope these sites can help you:

Lawsuits Involving Food Poisoning

https://www.hg.org/article.asp?id=34650

http://www.publichealthlawcenter.or...-fs-Det-Legal-Resp-Foodborne-Illness-2016.pdf

I think there may actually be a precedent of sorts:

Restaurant Can Be Sued For Serving Meat To Vegetarians | HuffPost

Milk Allergy Death Of 16-Year-Old Leads To Lawsuit

Do you have a friend or family member in a legal profession? Maybe someone who'll give you a free consult?

The Universal Declaration of Human Rights (abbreviated)

Definitely pursue it! Restaurants need to be held accountable for their actions. So many vegans specify food allergies to avoid such contamination