Should Men Wear Make-up?

Well I just tend to pull bits off it and then get into the shower with the bit, I like it because you dont have to bring the entire thing in and get it wet, it stays dry in its packet for next use. It sort of melts under water into a liquid to soap yourself with, it isnt foamy though. But does the job of washing well and smells nice.

I dont know, but if I am in the Lush shop, or the makeup counter looking at stuff, the last thing I am thinking about is other women. I am usually thinking about whether it would go with my skin tone or whether I would use it enough to justify buying it. And when I am dressing up I am more worried about looking decent and getting out the door in time.

I havent really looked at their lip colours properly yet.

Nail polish has always been my weakness, I don't know if that counts as make-up though. I loved being able to change the color or design depending on my mood that day. I think I had around 30+ colors at one time, but had to get rid of them when I moved into a very tiny space. :(
I only have about 3 colors now and rarely do my nails anymore.

I envy you. I lack the patience of having to apply nail polish, remove it and then reapply it again. I find the whole process to be a time consuming pain in the ***. If some permanent nail polish ever gets invented I want it.

I'm always wearing make up. My skin feels weird without it and I like how it evens out my skintone and hides my blemishes. Like nail polish, applying face makeup is time consuming and a pain in the *** but I don't feel comfortable without it.

Hatred of femininity is why trans* women get murdered in staggering numbers.
If the wearing of make-up is considered an aspect of femininity, I think that just reinforces the artificiality of the whole masculine/feminine cultural construct. I think it is important to make sure that people who engage in behaviors that support this artificial construct are at least made aware of the ramifications of the things they do, and this is accomplished by dialog. If we are to shut down dialog because some people feel attacked for their personal choices, nothing changes.

It's not trying to take away a person's choice, or even to judge a person's choice, but to make people aware of what those choices mean in a political context. What people do every day does matter, and I think it is vital that we all understand how and why it matters.

Reactions: Amy SF
My ******* post was misunderstood by some people, so I'll be less sarcastic this time and say that I haven't lost respect for anyone because of their views on feminism in this thread or any other and I like you all.

:up::)

After adding a few posts to this that got overlooked in the other thread I gotta say there are some warped priorities here.

It's not bad enough that the multi-million dollar heavily animal tested cosmetic industry wants to profit off making women feel like crap because of uneven skin tones or thin lips or short eyelashes, now they want to create a market where none exists by making men feel like crap for having uneven skin tones too? And they are co-opting gender bias to do it? I find that a lot more disgusting than any of the so-called make-up "shaming" supposedly taking place in here.

Reactions: Clueless Git
I'm always wearing make up. My skin feels weird without it and I like how it evens out my skintone and hides my blemishes. Like nail polish, applying face makeup is time consuming and a pain in the *** but I don't feel comfortable without it.

I feel better with foundation too as it provides another barrier against sun damage. My Grandmother had reddish hair and pale skin like me and she developed malignant skin cancer on her face so I'm always very careful about protecting my skin now.

Men + make up = pffffft!

Why anyone would paint themself them up like a clown and not expect to be seen and treated as a clown is one of those questions that is best not answered.

8694468_600x338.jpg

I feel better with foundation too as it provides another barrier against sun damage. My Grandmother had reddish hair and pale skin like me and she developed malignant skin cancer on her face so I'm always very careful about protecting my skin now.

My skin feels oily without that barrier. I never really considered it as a layer against sun damage. Added bonus. :)

Sorry to hear about your grandmother.

I low how soft an smooth my skin feels with primer. Sometimes I wear the primer without foundation just because it feels so nice.

I think if BB cream had become popular a few years earlier, I would have switched to that instead of foundation. (I never could find a tinted moisturizer that was pale enough with no yellow.)
As it is, I cba with trying to find one that no only matches but is also cruelty free, so I'll stick with primer, with or without foundation.