Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy_T

Little green mod
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Seems not much workout was done here on the forum in August.

So what about a September thread?

Last month's thread here

I started a Paragliding course last weekend.
The parts where I was not standing there, waiting for the wind to change, but rather tried to run across a large meadow sufficiently fast to inflate the sail definitely qualified as workout....

Last edited by a moderator:
I started a Paragliding course last weekend.
The parts where I was not standing there, waiting for the wind to change, but rather tried to run across a large meadow sufficiently fast to inflate the sail definitely qualified as workout....

That sounds awesome!! Something I'd definitely like to try.

My health goals for this month mostly involve fixing my injury so I can get back on skates ASAP. Eating healthily, doing gentle exercises to strengthen the muscle, and so on.

Oh, Aery, how did you injure yourself?!
Andy, what a Daredevil. Sounds fun though :)

Not been working out half as much over the last month or so. Mainly due to beung busy & tired...but still active a couple of times a week. It's better than nothing I guess. Just trying to take a more laid back approach to it & not force exercise as much.

Also, definitely can't run anymore. Might go for a run on the odd occasion but it can't be a regular thing.

I mentioned it in the other thread I think - fell over at roller derby, ended up sat on my ankle and damaged my ligaments :(

Should be all better in a couple of weeks though.
Agh! Nasty. Hope it heals asap so you can enjoy skating again.

Reactions: AeryFairy
Hope you heal quickly, AF. I had a decent August save for a week off from working out due to a cold and a crazy busy work schedule. I will be climbing a lot on the treadmill this month to keep in hiking shape, as I have two hiking trips coming up in October. Also, I am cutting down a bit on white carbs, keeping them to one meal a day. I feel less bloated when I keep the white carbs in check.

Hope you heal quickly, AF. I had a decent August save for a week off from working out due to a cold and a crazy busy work schedule. I will be climbing a lot on the treadmill this month to keep in hiking shape, as I have two hiking trips coming up in October. Also, I am cutting down a bit on white carbs, keeping them to one meal a day. I feel less bloated when I keep the white carbs in check.

Same here except for that I don't eat white carbs. Even wholegrain carbs still make me gain weight and I feel that I need far more
protein. Unfortunately, I don't feel too good doing a vegan diet.:(

Same here except for that I don't eat white carbs. Even wholegrain carbs still make me gain weight and I feel that I need far more
protein. Unfortunately, I don't feel too good doing a vegan diet.:(
:( That must be so frustrating.
I am lucky so far that I haven't really had an issues following a vegan diet, and I sure hope it stays that way.

I had an excellent walk this morning with a co-worker. We walked for nearly an hour and did all the hills a couple of times around. I so needed that. It was a gorgeous morning, sunny and no humidity. Oh, how I love walking outside!

Another awesome walk today. This weather the last few days has been stupendous!

I'm seeing 2 roller derby games today - our C team and B team are both playing, and it's great to still get involved with the sport when I'm out on injury.

Excersise-wise, I really put my ankle to the test yesterday with a spot of ice climbing, which was awesome!

image21.jpg

I'm seeing 2 roller derby games today - our C team and B team are both playing, and it's great to still get involved with the sport when I'm out on injury.

Excersise-wise, I really put my ankle to the test yesterday with a spot of ice climbing, which was awesome!

image21.jpg
That looks awesome! I would love to try that.

image21.jpg
Wow, that is awesome, AF!
I walked outside again today and even did a bit of jogging on a 5k course. I so miss regularly running. I'm going to chill out on that, though, as I have two good hikes coming up.

I need to go out for more walks. Since Shyva doesn't do too well with her walks, I have been staying indoors a lot.:(

:( That stinks, shyvas. I hope your baby gets better soon.

Is her paw still troubling her?

I could not work out for some time due to business travel, and when I stepped on the scales again when coming home I received a nasty shock :eek:

Have started to work out again with my PT this week, and the workout on Tuesday (legs) still has me sore today...

Best regards,
Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.