December Health Challenge (2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy December!
My goals remain mostly the same: 5 to 6 days of working out a week and eating fewer refined carbs, though I admit this will be a challenge during the holiday season. I also need to up the water intake, mostly when I'm at work. I have been slacking on that of late.

My left shoulder is getting much better, but because I've overcompensated with the right shoulder, that one is now ailing a bit, though not nearly as bad as the left one was. So I won't be doing a whole lot of weights, which is a little disappointing. Still, the treadmill and videos await! :)

Hope everyone has a healthy December. :)

Reactions: ledboots
I have had a very good water week. :)
Also, I got a lot of walking in over the weekend, which makes me happy. My company and I trekked off to New York City for the day and walked six miles, according to my sister's tracking app on her iPhone (including inside stores, hahaha). On Sunday, we walked three miles because it was just too gorgeous outside to stay in. We walked around my neighborhood, which has a couple of good hills. Today, I did the treadmill for 40 minutes (I was a little late getting up, haha), but it was a really intense workout, so I figure all is good, even if I didn't get my 50 minutes. I really need to make myself get out of bed after I wake up. Too much lounging in the morning.

I hope everyone is having a good week so far. :)

Reactions: AeryFairy
I took the morning off. All that Christmas shopping after work last night wore me out, lol. I was out until almost 10 p.m. :D

I have a slight ankle sprain, so I'm going to have to take a few days off from aerobic exercising. Not really happy about that. I think I will try to do some toning and stretching, though, just to feel that I'm doing something. I still can't do weights what with the shoulder issues.

Agh, hope it heals quickly PTree! Rest up.

I've not been doing well, especially food wise. This time of year is always hard & I always end up feeling guilty & shitty. Plus I've put on weight (which is not the end of the world but have to admit it bothers me haha.)

Decided to try to stop calorie counting and eat more intuitively.

Reactions: ledboots
Take it easy PT. Sprains can be very painful.You certainly are so energetic and that's perhaps the reason why you've sprained your ankle.

Raggle, you're right about the calories. Just try and eat more wholesome food and less sweet treats. Easier said than done.:)

I have had an infiltration in my left shoulder (tendinitis) and now my right shoulder hurts like mad.

Thanks, shyvas and raggle. The good thing is that it doesn't hurt that much, but there is a good bit of swelling, so I will take it easy.
I hope your shoulder feels better soon! Shoulder issues are so not fun. I'm still trying to sort mine out.

Raggle, I like your plan. I find that if I eat too many sweet things, I feel awful physically, so I'm really trying not to overdo it. I'm making sure I eat lots of tasty veggies to counteract all the sweet stuff. :D

Oop, December already...

I have a slight ankle sprain, so I'm going to have to take a few days off from aerobic exercising. Not really happy about that. I think I will try to do some toning and stretching, though, just to feel that I'm doing something. I still can't do weights what with the shoulder issues.

Eek, let that heal up properly! Hope it gets better soon :)

I've not been doing well, especially food wise. This time of year is always hard & I always end up feeling guilty & shitty. Plus I've put on weight (which is not the end of the world but have to admit it bothers me haha.)

Decided to try to stop calorie counting and eat more intuitively.

Try not to sweat it (easier said than done, I know, but stressing about weight does nothing). Just try to focus on making mostly healthy choices - but don't deprive yourself completely of holiday treats either. That's unhealthy too :p (and also no fun)

I have had an infiltration in my left shoulder (tendinitis) and now my right shoulder hurts like mad.

Hoping you heal up too, shyvas!

Another great roller derby session today (or, yesterday I guess - it's 2 am now). I bashed out 16 and 3/4 laps, and my bad ankle is getting stronger too. Won't be able to go until after the new year now, so I've got to try and keep up with things by exercising off skates - lots of squats, some balance training and core strength work, a little cardio if I can manage it, and daily stretches.

I did crunches, various forms of leg lifts and some stretching, and then I did 10 minutes on the spin bike, which wasn't bad on the ankle because I mostly use the thighs for power. I might be able to do a bit more on the bike tomorrow. I'm taking it slowly, though. The swelling wasn't as bad this morning, so it is improving.

Reactions: KLS52 and ledboots
I tried to start a couch to 5k a couple days ago and my legs still hurt. Running is not that fun.

I tried to start a couch to 5k a couple days ago and my legs still hurt. Running is not that fun.
Ugh, that stinks, SB. Maybe you could power-walk instead? I miss running. I can't do it anymore because it kills my knee, but walking seems to be OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.