Status
Not open for further replies.

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
Post your health goals and support your fellow VVers with theirs! Health goals can be anything health-related, whether mental or physical - not necessarily just exercise and weight loss!

Last month's thread is here

How is everyone doing ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I can see my ambition start to wane. :(
It has been really cold in the morning, so even though I'm back in 9-5 hours and have more time to get my morning walk in, I can't make myself get out there. It dropped too fast. It went from 65-70 in the a.m. to 45. One morning it was 39! I needed a slower transition of cooler temps. And the dater mornings isn't helping either. I'm managing to walk during the day, still, but I'm not hitting my 10,000 steps now.

I'm really missing that morning walk, mentally, too. :sniff:

I can see my ambition start to wane. :(
It has been really cold in the morning, so even though I'm back in 9-5 hours and have more time to get my morning walk in, I can't make myself get out there. It dropped too fast. It went from 65-70 in the a.m. to 45. One morning it was 39! I needed a slower transition of cooler temps. And the dater mornings isn't helping either. I'm managing to walk during the day, still, but I'm not hitting my 10,000 steps now.

I'm really missing that morning walk, mentally, too. :sniff:

Is it still dark at that time ?

I have to wait until, at least 7 a.m. Before it is light enough for me to be comfortable. I worry about wild animals, lol. It seems like just a month ago I was going out at 6:15-6:30, That was perfect except for the fact that work was starting at 8 instead of 9.
Unfortunately, I have too many issues where exercising is concerned. And it's not that I don't like walking...I love it, actually. But my comfort level is such that it can't be too hot, or too cold, or too dark, etc.

And don't even get me started on the eating part. The best time for me is early morning but before breakfast. Once I have something to eat, waiting even 1/2 an hour is not long enough. But if I get too hungry, then I have to cut my walk short because I get shaky. I do have some health issues that make it really difficult to plan activities around exercise. Nothing life threatening, just life altering and annoying. :)

I have to wait until, at least 7 a.m. Before it is light enough for me to be comfortable. I worry about wild animals, lol. It seems like just a month ago I was going out at 6:15-6:30, That was perfect except for the fact that work was starting at 8 instead of 9.
Unfortunately, I have too many issues where exercising is concerned. And it's not that I don't like walking...I love it, actually. But my comfort level is such that it can't be too hot, or too cold, or too dark, etc.

And don't even get me started on the eating part. The best time for me is early morning but before breakfast. Once I have something to eat, waiting even 1/2 an hour is not long enough. But if I get too hungry, then I have to cut my walk short because I get shaky. I do have some health issues that make it really difficult to plan activities around exercise. Nothing life threatening, just life altering and annoying. :)

Same here. I'm also very tired due to my work conditions. I think that now the weather is cooler I'm going to 'force' myself to walk every day. I certainly would have concerns walking in the dark - rapists and bad drivers !!!! They have a saying over here ' All cats look the same in the dark' !:D

I will get my butt back to the gym this month. We haven't been since our vacation in mid August!

Reactions: PTree15
I am kicking off October in style. Because I am in NYC today I have already hit 10,000 steps from all the walking and I will get many more by rocking out to Opeth in a few. My goals are pretty much the same as last month. Keep up the cardio and weights five to six days a week, drink lots of water and get 7 hours of sleep a night.

Reactions: KLS52 and AeryFairy
I am kicking off October in style. Because I am in NYC today I have already hit 10,000 steps from all the walking and I will get many more by rocking out to Opeth in a few. My goals are pretty much the same as last month. Keep up the cardio and weights five to six days a week, drink lots of water and get 7 hours of sleep a night.

How exciting.

How exciting.
It was a great day! I logged 22,650 or so steps on the Fitbit! A record for me for one day. :)
I did a lot of cleaning at my parents' beach house, so I worked my arms pretty good. I took Tuesday off, save for a little walk around the neighborhood to take out my trash, get the mail, etc.
Today I did my version of the Shred: cardio mixed in with intervals of strength training for about 45 minutes. I totally kicked my own butt! I will be tired later, haha.

Reactions: KLS52
I've been preoccupied and didn't even realize there was a new thread. Cantillon Zwanze Day, and now this pesky hurricane coming straight for us. I stepped up my running a bit again, instead of running for an hour I've been running for an hour plus an extra five minutes. That doesn't sound like much, but it pushes my calorie burn up to 718 calories.

I took today off from working out and slept in. I might take a walk later, though. Last night was the first time in a few weeks that I got 7 hours of sleep. :)

Reactions: shyvas
Fantastic, Jeremy! You guys are rockin'!

Good workout today (after taking the weekend off, hehe): I did a 3-mile Leslie Sansone video and used light hand weights throughout. I got in a good sweat. :D My friend and I haven't been walking outside because she is having toe issues, so we have been going to the gym instead. Today would have been a perfect day to walk, but I still might get in a little stroll after work if I get out on time. Fingers crossed.

I got my two miles in at 8:15 this morning. It was sooooooo cold! I had on a tank top, three long sleeve T shirts, a zippered sweatshirt and then my medium weight jacket. I was barely comfortable. The wind made it brutal. When I passed a man walking his dog, we exchanged "good mornings" and as I was a little uncomfortable about my "get up" (I also had on a baseball cap with the sweatshirt hood over that, lol), I decided to laugh and say to him, " what am I going to do when winter comes!" He laughed back and said, yeah. :oops:

Another milestone reached today. I ran an hour and a half. A 5 minute warm up walk (4.5 mph), 1 hour 30 minute run (6 mph) followed by 10 minutes of cooling down for a grand total of 986 calories burned... Whew! The 'ol bones and joints did not seem to have taken it well judging by how they felt right after stopping lol. Feeling fine now though :)

I did 5 miles today. It was such a stunning morning that I just couldn't stay inside. I went into work later today, as is my busy-week schedule, so I had time to walk that far. It was just beautiful outside. Yesterday I did a ton of weights and squats and lunges, and I'm sort of glad to have gone on a long walk to stretch things out. I was a little tight this morning, haha. But tight in a good way as in those muscles got a workout! :)

I have not been doing any exercise other than work lately. I just don't have the energy or motivation. I am still losing weight by tracking the calories though.

Reactions: KLS52
I walked this morning despite the fact that it was 39° outside. It actually wasn't that bad, either, because there was zero wind, unlike the other morning when the temperature was a little higher but the wind made it brutal.

I feel like I need three good replays of Monday to achieve anything this week... I've not ran for two days now :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.