Tofu Bxtch

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hello all,

I have written a little article that I am super proud of.
There are reasons you should go vegan, facts, alternatives, and humor.
If you would check it out and let me know what you think!
goo.gl/ycLgfj

Many places in the US are going dry. Water used for growing animal foods is greater than that used to grow plant crops. Save water, go vegetarian!

Reactions: Forest Nymph
-Your health
-Ethics: Why be the reason for the suffering of a sentient being when you can avoid it?
-For the environment

One thing you might want to add are some concrete numbers. For example, what is the average age of a cow when its dairy production slows down compared to its average lifespan (off the top of my head it's something like 6-12 months vs 20 years).

1. Animal agriculture is the number one driver of deforestation and species extinction in the Amazon rain forest.

2. Contrary to pseud0-intellectual arguments against monoculture, most soy and corn grown today is being fed to "food animals" so world veganism would NOT be "less sustainable due to monoculture" I mean come on it's like these people need help tying their shoes or smthng

3. Contrary to pseudo-intellectual arguments about B12, the bulk of cobalt being mined right now is fed to livestock. Cattle is the number one waste dump of B12 supplementation, followed by other farmed animals like chickens. Meat eaters can cry about B12 all day long if they want, but the world has been raped by animal ag for centuries, and pretty much nobody is getting their B12 "naturally" so LESS B12 would actually be needed by world veganism.

4. Animal agriculture is the number one hog of fresh water and land, as well as being comparable to fossil fuels in terms of carbon and methane emissions.

5. Animal torture observed in children or teens is seen as a trait of sociopathy or psychopathy, but observed in factory farm workers or first world capitalist consumers or scientific testing is somehow socially acceptable. Can you say cognitive dissonance? I knew you could!

6. It's the 21st century. There's really no excuse why you "need" animal products unless you literally live on rocky terrain in a developing country, and in that case, you could still be a vegetarian.

7. Animal product consumption in the Western world is literally a driver of world starvation, stealing food from the mouths of hungry children.

8. A pig is a rat is a dog is a boy.

9. Adam and Eve were vegan. Most major world religions have some major ethic surrounding veganism, vegetarianism, or preventing animal cruelty. Anyone who says they eat steak because of their religion probably aren't actually very spiritual people.

10. Health.

Reactions: Deleted member 2819
Very nicely written article , and very cool !

I feel the article is pretty well thought out and presented with facts and ideas expressed clearly , while the writing style is simple , and does not require one to read between the lines. overall good stuff.
xx

I actually went vegan to heal myself. I smoked for 14 years, and ended up getting asbetos poisoning from work. Now stack on the typical American symptoms, limbs go numb, psoriasis, reddish skin, malnutrition, etc...

Luckily I discovered how raw fruit and herbs allow our bodies to heal themselves. It's a holistic raw approach, but it definitely works. This has changed my life, in every way. I moved from Pittsburgh to Naples Florida last year, and have become more spiritual. It's hard not to become more spiritual after getting a bunch of toxins out of your body.

My goal is to inspire others into vegan and healthy thinking & living. Check out my Instagram @velniza

May the blessings be

Here is my latest project, I'm trying to wake up others through clothes and accessories. Go vegan!

No decent person could approve of the atocities commited against animals for human consumption. By being a part of that through consumption, you are thus living a contradiction. You can do all the rationalizing and avoidance you want, but if you really want to be clear of the guilt go vegan. While it's not going to fix the problem, at least you aren't part of it - and no hunter can counter my argument against hunting with it's better to kill an animal in the wild than buy meat in the grocery store. While it's a fantastic argument for hypocritical meat eaters, it doesn't apply to me.
Secondarily, its a much healthier diet. The number one cause of death is heart disease, and a huge part of that is the consumption of animal fats. Thirdly it's dirt cheap if you aren't that picky. I can buy a 25 lb bag of TVP for $68 shipped - that's like the protein equivelant to 50 lbs of meat.

Reactions: Steadylee68
The article is rather passionate. When you realized all these facts you have written about? Maybe there was some kind of push?