US Product Thread

That is very handy and good to know. Gardein products are really excellent. I only wish that I could buy them
over here.

Yes they are. :yes: They really set the bar high when it comes to replicating the taste, texture, and flavor of the real thing.

Hopefully they will eventually expand to your area.

Yes they are. :yes: They really set the bar high when it comes to replicating the taste, texture, and flavor of the real thing.

:yes: I also love their packaging; it makes your shopping trolley look so elegant. :D

Hopefully they will eventually expand to your area.

No chance.:(

164915_608031692574566_1362878809_n.jpg

Just saw this on FB. It's not in stores yet, but coming soon. I am loving all these varieties of milks. Gives lots of diverse options for new vegans and dairy free people.

Reactions: PTree15
164915_608031692574566_1362878809_n.jpg

Just saw this on FB. It's not in stores yet, but coming soon. I am loving all these varieties of milks. Gives lots of diverse options for new vegans and dairy free people.
Ooooo,that looks good!Hope they get that in some of my stores.

Do any of the standard supermarkets like Von's, Stater Bros sell other brands of vegan cheese, as I didn't find Daiya products there ?
Besides SB's what other stores sell Gardein ? I had difficultes in finding their products. If I rightly remember Target only sells Morning Star and Boca burgers ?
Target sells gardein.
I think it depends on the Target. There are two Target stores I shop at, and I've never seen Gardein at either of them.
That is what I was just thinking. I really like the crispy tenders so I'll stick with those. I really did have a hard
time finding vegan cheese and didn't buy any last time.

Update: I posted this in the Target Shopping Thread (which I created specifically so I could mention this, but I'll do it again), but the main Target where I shop does sell a bunch of Gardein products, and has for at least a couple of months, maybe longer. I didn't really notice until last month. I don't know about the other Target I've shopped at, but they probably sell Gardein as well.

It's possible that some Target stores get new products sooner than others.

Reactions: ledboots
Super Targets sell quite a few Gardein products. Also Amy's, Morningstar Farms, and Quorn (vegetarian but not vegan). They've also recently started carrying coconut milk ice cream.

I really have no idea what the little Target stores offer, as I only shop at Super Target.

They just got this (Califa Almondmilk) in my local supermarket and I've been hearing that it's good. I ended up getting Almond Breeze, but I may try it next time. Has anyone tried it yet? The iced coffee looks really good.
944510_515092651884713_151230002_n.jpg

Huh, I wonder if I'm in the wrong place.....
The UK product thread gets like 10 entries a day.
This one hasn't gotten an entry in 7 years?!

I used the search feature but I couldn't find a US product thread the was more current.
Well, I'll wait a day. @shyvas will probably straighten this out.

meanwhile I have been watching the UK Product thread with great envy.
so I'm super happy to find a USA product to finally report on
They are even from my state of California.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
Huh, I wonder if I'm in the wrong place.....
The UK product thread gets like 10 entries a day.
This one hasn't gotten an entry in 7 years?!

I used the search feature but I couldn't find a US product thread the was more current.
Well, I'll wait a day. @shyvas will probably straighten this out.

There's nothing to straighten out as this is a message board. Everyone is free to post in all the sections.

I think that the numbers speak for themselves as the UK is the N° 1 country in Europe for new vegan/plant based products. Moreover it is also the N° 1 country for vegans and the US comes out as N° 11.

Bear in mind that the UK has so many innovative plant based products thanks to it's every growing flexitarian population.

The supermarket scene in the UK compared to the US is so very different. You'd be amazed by all the new, delicious plant based products that are available and for a fraction of the price compared to the US.

Reactions: Lou and Emma JC
As it is winter, we buy products at the supermarkets and local stores. But when it is warm, we often visit Parlee Farms. This is a pick-your-own fresh fruit farm located outside of Boston. It offers apple, blueberry, and strawberry picking. We often go there in summer and autumn. Usually, I call parlee farms customer service to find out when it is the best time to come there.

Last edited:
Where do you guys get fresh produce these days?
Any favorite places?
That varies so much regionally.
I'm in a suburb just outside of a big city and have a produce market, as well as a membership at Costco which has tremendously good organic produce
There is also a Food Not Bombs organization that provides produce give aways weekly

It's Winter in New England, we just got over two feet of snow suddenly yesterday (!), so fresh fruit isn't in good supply. Meaning local and not shipped in from other countries. But when it's warmer I try and shop local produce stands and markets and farms. Lots of that around. Hannaford grocery store in the Summertime makes it a point to put out signage for local farms they get their produce, veggies and fruits, from which is great.

Reactions: PTree15