US Product Thread

It is much cheaper than gardein, even cheaper than meat chicken, from my understanding, and supposedly its taste and texture are more like meat chicken.

I must try it if I come over this summer. I have looked up the ingredients and see that it is made out of soya isolate. I was wondering whether I could try and duplicate the recipe ?
Oh, I tried to PM you but don't have access to my 'outbox'.

I must try it if I come over this summer. I have looked up the ingredients and see that it is made out of soya isolate. I was wondering whether I could try and duplicate the recipe ?
Oh, I tried to PM you but don't have access to my 'outbox'.
I never see pms because I usually use Tapatalk! :oops:l

This was in the article: "Milstead's bucket contains a dry mix of soy and pea powder, carrot fiber and gluten-free flour. Through a process the company licensed exclusively from the University of Missouri, the mix is cooked, cooled and extruded through a customized machine."

It is much cheaper than gardein, even cheaper than meat chicken, from my understanding, and supposedly its taste and texture are more like meat chicken.

You must mean it's cheaper wholesale... I can get retail Gardein cheaper than I can get Beyond Meat. If it's truly cheaper, I hope they pass that savings along once retail packs are available. The Beyond Meat texture is much closer to meat chicken than Gardein (it's a little firmer and drier).

I never see pms because I usually use Tapatalk! :oops:

My Tapatalk supports PMs for this forum.

Reactions: thefadedone
You must mean it's cheaper wholesale... I can get retail Gardein cheaper than I can get Beyond Meat. If it's truly cheaper, I hope they pass that savings along once retail packs are available. The Beyond Meat texture is much closer to meat chicken than Gardein (it's a little firmer and drier).

My Tapatalk supports PMs for this forum.
Yes they were saying it is much cheaper to produce the Beyond Meat, so hopefully the cost to the consumer will be lower. I'm intetested to try it. :)

And you're right about pms on Tapatalk too! It is right there under convos!. Idk why I thought it wasn't. :oops:

Yes they were saying it is much cheaper to produce the Beyond Meat, so hopefully the cost to the consumer will be lower. I'm intetested to try it. :)

And you're right about pms on Tapatalk too! It is right there under convos!. Idk why I thought it wasn't. :oops:

I hope it's cheaper, too. At $9-12/pound that WF charges for it, it's not something a ton of people will be able to buy.

And now I'm ****** off that WF is selling it for that much, if it's actually costing them less. They've increased the cost per pound of the deli items made with Beyond Meat, that used to be made with Gardein.

At my WF, I think the Vegan Sonoma Chicken Salad used to be $8.99/pound, but now they're using Beyond Meat it's gone up to $11.99/pound. I used to buy the Gardein version as an occasional treat, but have not bought it since they changed it. I've read through the ingredients and the only thing that changed was the chik'n.

I was under the impression that Beyond Meat aims to get omnis as customers, as well, but they're going to have to get the retail cost down for that to happen. I don't know a single omni who would pay MORE for mock meat than they could get real meat for.

Not all forums support PM's in Tapatalk. I was pretty happy when I saw VV does. :)

540971_10151607403228646_1363808757_n.jpg
249374_10151451485814098_529889043_n.jpg

In case you haven't seen these yet. Some new vegan products coming out.

66953_10151449668784098_1346338618_n.jpg
429592_10151446533299098_2035814799_n.jpg
75540_10151331805597584_312389437_n.jpg
482865_10151331805512584_1554687139_n.jpg

Reactions: RabbitLuvr
Oh my God. Hot pockets!?! (I have never tried one of any kind.) And brownies.

It's been over a decade since I last had a hot pocket! Although I have had Amy's vegetable ones, but these new Tofurky ones look more like the real thing.

I wish we could get Daiya products overhere, as I really miss cheese.:(

Hopefully they will start to expand over there.

Oh, wow, Daiya pizzas??? I will be on the lookout for those. I love the cheddar wedges they recently came out with, but man, are they addicting. I can eat the whole thing in one sitting. Thanks for the heads-up on the new products.

Sophie's Kitchen is also coming out with Breaded Coconut Shrimp, Fish Sticks, and Smoked Salmon (!!), all vegan. Supposed to hit stores in May.

:drool:

Oooo, I'd be curious about the smoked salmon. I've not tried any Sophie's Kitchen products. Any good recommendations for those?

Oooo, I'd be curious about the smoked salmon. I've not tried any Sophie's Kitchen products. Any good recommendations for those?

I just had their breaded "shrimp" with my lunch. The flavor is not very shrimp-y, but the texture is almost spot-on. I just had them with rice, but I think they'd be really good with some kind of dressing (on a sandwich), or with a sauce. They offer non-breaded "shrimp," as well, maybe good in pasta.
I have some of their "fish" fillets in my freezer, but I haven't tried those yet.

Thanks much. I just may try the shrimp. I like the idea of it with pasta and a nice sauce.

I had "fish sticks" or "fish patties" I think they were called? From Sophie's kitchen via Whole Foods; they were very good but not exactly nutritious! ;) I used a lot of lemon on them and made a sandwich with vegannaise tartar sauce.

Reactions: PTree15
^^^That is good news. I like the Daiya wedges, so I have hope for the slices.

I'm so intrigued by the provolone slices even though I'm not a big fan of Daiya. I miss provolone cheese.

Tofurky's chicken and apple sausages sound interesting as well.

And Beyond Meat!! Hopefully the retail packages won't be Beyond affordable.