UK Primary School - To Slaughter Pet Pigs !

Still no sign of me on there. Maybe they don’t update every day.

I tried to comment the other day, but it has not shown up. :(

They have switched off the comments function. I have a hunch that it was due to the high number of negative ones.

Anyway the HM has decided not to sell the pigs to the person who has launched the petition.:(

They have switched off the comments function. I have a hunch that it was due to the high number of negative ones.

Anyway the HM has decided not to sell the pigs to the person who has launched the petition.:(
Seriously, this is the defensive nonsense non-veg*ns engage in when they are confronted with the fact that deep down, they darn well know that veg*ns are right in this case. And because they have no spines, they have to resort to ridiculous reasons for not doing the right thing.

Seriously, this is the defensive nonsense non-veg*ns engage in when they are confronted with the fact that deep down, they darn well know that veg*ns are right in this case. And because they have no spines, they have to resort to ridiculous reasons for not doing the right thing.

I fear for the outcome as the other petition for the pigs at a school in Hampshire ended tragically. The HM gave the pigs back to the farmer who slaughtered them.

It's just a stupid trend, teaching young pupils that it's OK to kill a pet and eat it for dinner.

Kids devastated after school rears four piglets - then sends them off to slaughter

Last edited:
Time is running out and Care has started a petition to save the piglets :

Sign Petition: This Educator Gave His Students Two Beautiful Pigs, Now He Wants to Kill Them

Students as young as four are about to get a lesson they may never forget. Peter Harris — their head teacher at Farsley Farfield Primary School in Leeds, United Kingdom — has decided he wants to teach his young impressionable pupils about the food chain.

To do so he has bought two beautiful Gloucester Old Spot pigs for the schools mini farm. The young students have been taking care of the pair, feeding them, grooming them and even playing with them by hiding apples around their pen. At such a young age, the children have quickly grown attached to the porky duo.

But in nine months playtime will be over. Harris has informed the community that after nine months, he plans to slaughter the two. He believes it will be a valuable lesson for his students that will teach them about the importance of reducing meat consumption.

What? Harris's plan is to teach his children to consume less meat by making more meat? There are many other ways to teach his children about the food chain and mean consumption without killing two innocent animals.

Now parents and community members are up in arms. Apart from the ridiculousness of the proposal, it's also cruel and could traumatise his students who have clearly grown attached to their new schoolmates.

Join parents, activists and community members in standing against headteacher Harris's misguided plans to slaughter the school's pigs. Sign the petition and ask Mr. Harris to let the pigs live their days happily at the school or donate them to an animal sanctuary.

Last edited:
Reactions: KLS52
I have signed this one as well and have sent an email to the HM. I so hope they survive.

Change.org

The pigs have been slaughtered

After months of campaigning, demonstrating outside the school, abuse from parents, police presence, media attention,
long conversations with supporters and sanctuaries, and irritating correspondence with the headteacher the pigs were sent to slaughter on Friday morning.
Peter Harris told us that the pigs would have longer lives than most pigs, and have a happier life, but at the end of it all...

I couldn't read the complete message that the person who started the petition has sent via change.org but it's so sad. Think of the pupils who got to know and care for the pigs and now knowing that they have ended up as sausages !
Such an awful story and so cruel. :no:

Oh no... I was afraid it was going to be bad news when I saw this thread pop up. So sorry. ☹️