UK Primary School - To Slaughter Pet Pigs !

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
Last edited:
I noticed the last comment was on 27/10/2018. I do not see mine there yet. I posted it a little while ago. Perhaps comments are moderated first and it takes awhile to show up?

That's strange as the last comment that I can see is on the 6 th May. Indeed they are moderated but it usually takes an hour or two before they are published.
The petitioner has noticed that the HM only responds to those that he finds 'positive', in other words that agree with
his slaughter plan.

Thank you for supporting the petition and fighting to release these poor animals.

Reactions: KLS52
That's strange as the last comment that I can see is on the 6 th May. Indeed they are moderated but it usually takes an hour or two before they are published.
The petitioner has noticed that the HM only responds to those that he finds 'positive', in other words that agree with
his slaughter plan.

Thank you for supporting the petition and fighting to release these poor animals.

Can you see this one which was posted 2 days ago ?

804a51ba512dfadc286fcdb090d19d9d
Tony says:
06/05/2019 at 3:20 pm
I would just like to ask how pigs being raised on the school farm will aid the children in learning about animal welfare?

Surely all this achieves is children slowly becoming attached to the pigs over the 9 months, at which point they will be told that the pigs are going to be killed. This will likely cause alarm or distress to the children who won’t want the pigs lives to be taken.
This will in turn likely reinforce the idea of speciesism, which is believed by some to be the root of all forms of discrimination.

You’ve also got the issue that you as a school will be contributing to animal agriculture as an industry. This means that you will be adding to the animal holocaust.

As you are an educational institution i’d like to ask you a question;
What trait is present in animals, that if present in humans, would justify raising and killing humans to be consumed?

Reactions: silva
I don’t see any comments posted after 27/10/2018. I’ll check again.

I do see the newer comments from 6/5/2019. :)

I do see some negative comments on there.