UK Piglets Raised at School - To be Slaughtered !

There is a good side to this. Think of all the kids in the school who instead of being raised to believe that eating meat is simply normal and not to be challenged are being taught that this is a matter of moral debate on which each person should form their own opinion. That is a step forward. The long term benefits will be large. I think this school has probably done more for the animal rights movement than most other schools that just carry on teaching their students without having a serious debate and I hope they don't get too much abuse from vegans.

If the purpose of the animal rights movement is to be effective in reducing animal suffering rather than morally pure, then this kind of thing may actually help.

As a general rule, anything that leads to polite debate ought to be beneficial if you have the truth on your side.

There is a good side to this. Think of all the kids in the school who instead of being raised to believe that eating meat is simply normal and not to be challenged are being taught that this is a matter of moral debate on which each person should form their own opinion. That is a step forward. The long term benefits will be large. I think this school has probably done more for the animal rights movement than most other schools that just carry on teaching their students without having a serious debate and I hope they don't get too much abuse from vegans.

If the purpose of the animal rights movement is to be effective in reducing animal suffering rather than morally pure, then this kind of thing may actually help.

As a general rule, anything that leads to polite debate ought to be beneficial if you have the truth on your side.

I totally agree. ;)The majority of children are raised by omnis and are not permitted to choose their type of diet. It's very rare to hear of a child who refuses to eat meat for ethical reasons in an omni household.

Having said that a son of a friend's friend is a vegetarian( he can't stand the though of eating animals) and there is no way that his parents will force him to eat meat. I'm amazed by his will power as his mum doesn't go out of her way to make him any special meals.