Presidential Debate Discussion Thread

Usually when people don't have discussions with someone it's because they don't have any answers. The Democrats have close affiliations with many of our corporations. They're not for the "little guy". Even Democrats I know have acknowledged this.

Usually when people don't have discussions with someone it's because they don't have any answers. The Democrats have close affiliations with many of our corporations. They're not for the "little guy". Even Democrats I know have acknowledged this.

And sometimes people don't have discussions with someone because they have learned from experience that it makes more sense to talk to a pet rock.

I like Obama, but I wish he would stop all the wars and focus on his own country. Then he would be a far better president in my eyes.

Romney, well he just needs to go and lie in a deck chair somewhere with his religious book and his wealth and stop trying to derail the entire world.

(Im trying to be nice, otherwise I would suggest other things that he could do but I dont want to write mean things today.)

Reactions: RabbitLuvr
I found a picture of the presidential debate.

249483_372282096181054_1839640269_n.jpg

Reactions: cornsail
At least the Pet Rock came with an instruction manual and a neat little carrier.

My friends and I went and captured wild rocks. It took just a little bit of effort to tame them, but we saved money that way.

Now I've really dated myself. :p

I think the prevailing sentiment is that the democrats are more for the "little guy" than the republicans are.

I would like to know where one finds the truth (probably NOT on Facebook, lol). I have a few friends, from both sides, who are very vocal. Each claims the other side is lying. It's very frustrating. Romney says something and the Obama fans cry "liar!". Obama says something and the Romney fans cry "liar!". WTH. I guess they can both be lying.

I already know where I stand, but I was wondering if there is an unbiased source where the undecideds can go to find out just the facts? And you can stop laughing now, because I'm serious. :p

I would like to know where one finds the truth (probably NOT on Facebook, lol). I have a few friends, from both sides, who are very vocal. Each claims the other side is lying. It's very frustrating. Romney says something and the Obama fans cry "liar!". Obama says something and the Romney fans cry "liar!". WTH. I guess they can both be lying.

I already know where I stand, but I was wondering if there is an unbiased source where the undecideds can go to find out just the facts? And you can stop laughing now, because I'm serious. :p

I like this source: http://www.politifact.com/

Reactions: KLS52
Politifact is inconsistent. They're so concerned with maintaining the appearance of impartiality they sometimes give too much credit or not enough credit to one side or the other. I prefer factcheck.org.

A better source if you're going in-depth, for certain. I like that politifact can provide a reasonably accurate at-a-glance politics for those who want to know the basics, though.

I think the prevailing sentiment is that the democrats are more for the "little guy" than the republicans are.
Farm workers suffer a lot from pesticide poisoning, but of course businesses win with our pesticide use. Our immigration policies favor business and the Democrats promote it. The poor suffer a lot from factory farms but our businesses make big money. The Democrats ignore both issues. The Democrats and their twin brother the Republicans have a lot in common, and hatred for the little guy is one of them.

A fact is simply something that has not yet been proven false and is thus accepted as fact, and whether or not it has been proven false is highly dependent on everything from semantics to culture or your own personal experiences. Strictly speaking, it is impossible to prove something to be true. Therefore, whenever perspectives on truth are brought into a debate, disagreements are inevitable.

So much easier to just shoot the opposition :p

Reactions: ledboots
A fact is simply something that has not yet been proven false and is thus accepted as fact, and whether or not it has been proven false is highly dependent on everything from semantics to culture or your own personal experiences. Strictly speaking, it is impossible to prove something to be true. Therefore, whenever perspectives on truth are brought into a debate, disagreements are inevitable.

Including that statement :p

Reactions: Dedalus

Well, some things can only be proven wrong by the blaming of clone copies or mass-hypnotism.

This is turning out to be one of those elections where I simply have to choose the lesser of two evils and will just vote my party.

Reactions: ledboots