Presidential Debate Discussion Thread

Yep. President Obama is probably watching Jerry Springer right now on his sofa and eating a sandwich, while his 6 body doubles scurry around campaigning and attending the Senate and top level meetings.

Reactions: thefadedone
So you prefer that soldiers kill people instead of drones? More humans dead = better?
I prefer troops be put on the border to protect it from illegal immigrants, and not be put in any foreign countries. No drones or troops in foreign countries. I'm not a fan of the military industrial complex.

Supposedly being the most powerful person in the world you'd assume Obama's busy. It's hard to say how busy though. It's all just guesses.

Well, let's put it this way: Obama has a job in addition to campaigning. Romney hasn't had a job, other than campaigning, since January of 2007. Who would you think has more time for debate prep?

Last night's debate was a lot more to my liking. Biden did incredibly well, pulled up a lot of key issues and, IMO, made Ryan look like a bit of an idiot. The abortion section was particularly telling. Both are Catholic and pro-life. Biden, however, stated that the government should not force a pro-life stance on anyone, whilst Ryan is calling for a ban (although he did state exceptions for rape, incest, and mother's health, contrary to things he has previously said).

Transcript: http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/12/transcript-vice-presidential-debate/
Fact-check: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1012/82317.html

tumblr_mbrdf3BQbY1rqj38io1_500.gif

Last night's debate was great compared to last weeks.

Go Joe! I was waiting for them to get to the abortion issues and Joe did not disappoint:

"With regard to abortion, I accept my Church’s position on abortion as a de fide doctrine. Life begins at conception. I accept that position in my personal life. But I refuse to impose it on equally devout Christians, and Muslims and and Jews…I just refuse to do that, unlike my friend here, the Congressman. I do not believe that we have a right to tell other people, women that they cannot control their body. It’s a decision between them and their doctor in my view, and the Supreme Court. And I’m not going to interfere with that."

I didn't watch this debate, but the clips and quotes I've seen seem to show Biden absolutely trouncing Ryan.
Interestingly, the news last night and this morning was all "no clear winner!" Even though these same news shows kept going on about Romney winning the first debate, almost immediately afterwards.

Something seems fishy to me...

These sanctions on Iran that are crippling their economy, wouldn't it be the civilians that would suffer? Biden seemed happy with them in the debate yesterday. I'd say it was a draw. Neither sides made any major mistakes so both sides should be happy with that as both are capable of it.

I didn't watch this debate, but the clips and quotes I've seen seem to show Biden absolutely trouncing Ryan.
Interestingly, the news last night and this morning was all "no clear winner!" Even though these same news shows kept going on about Romney winning the first debate, almost immediately afterwards.

It's called the liberal media for a reason. I thought it was a draw too and I hate both parties equally. Nothing fishy about it.

I watched both debates, and read a bunch of commentary on them. The President was terrible in his debate, imo. It was obvious who won that one.

The second debate was less clear who won. Although the VP made many good points and shot down Ryan on a few good zingers, Biden looked so obnoxious throughout that I wanted to tell him to stop smirking and rolling his eyes like a 12-year old. Did he not know how that would look on split screen? Not very presidential, and I think that is why he is not getting higher marks on this debate. I usually think Biden is extremely likeable, so I don't know where this bratty guy last night came from.

I think Biden was the clear winner - but I can also see this being one of those debates where if you're in one corner or the other - you're looking at it with rose-colored glasses. Ryan makes my skin crawl - he comes off as a frat-boy *** clown; I don't see how anyone can see him as likable - but so it goes. He also sounded very scripted - to a fault on the foreign policy issues - throwing out all the names of various Afghan tribes. It was clearly rehearsed to make it sound like he knew what he was talking about, though he's most certainly a deer in the headlights.

My only rant about the debates last night is when Ryan was explaining about his ultrasound of his bean. Its good for him that he adores life but, they are making it seem like all children are wanted. Yes a parent can get excited seeing their unborn on the ultrasound but, don't flaunt it out in the open and push it down America's throat.