Presidential Debate Discussion Thread

If I were going to vote I'd make it symbolic and go for a third party. I liked Kent Mesplay but the Green Party picked Jill Stein instead. Meh, not voting anyway though. I'd feel weird voting in the U.S. election while living in Canada, even though I'm still technically a resident of New York and still in the Army, and thus still have a bit riding on what goes down in the U.S. since the coming election will determine my new, or continuing, commander in chief :p

I hope this doesn't mean that you are not going to vote... because if you don't... your opinion doesn't count.

I'm not against voting, it has more to do with the fact that I'm in the process of immigrating to Canada. I still drive across the border for Army training, and I could vote in New York and get away with it, but it doesn't feel right.

If I were going to vote I'd make it symbolic and go for a third party.

I did this one year - and while it felt good in the moment - it was a short lived and hollow protest.

I agree we need a third party - but until there is a sweeping movement that engages enough voters to truly have a shot at capturing the White House, I'm putting my vote to work where it will have some impact. Translation: I will jump on the bandwagon when the wagon has wheels. Until then - a protest vote is a vote cast for the party I have the most opposition to.

Reactions: Calliegirl
I might vote for the Green Party candidate Jill Stein. I just wish they weren't anti nuclear energy and anti drilling for oil.

Clippy-letter.PNG

This immediately came to mind.

I'm not against voting, it has more to do with the fact that I'm in the process of immigrating to Canada.
My post sounded a lot more snarky than I meant it to. I didn't mean to imply that your opinion doesn't matter... only that it doesn't 'count' if you don't vote.

I voted Obama but I voted for a republican senator , there was choice between republican or indepenant and since I only knew the republican senator , I voted for him. I don't care if my state is a red state and I am democrat because , I like my area of my state its the best and nice people. If I was asked this two years ago I would say a different answer but since we moved to another part of Eastern TN we love it , we are actually an hour away from Dollywood and not two hours.

I voted Obama but I voted for a republican senator , there was choice between republican or indepenant and since I only knew the republican senator , I voted for him. I don't care if my state is a red state and I am democrat because , I like my area of my state its the best and nice people. If I was asked this two years ago I would say a different answer but since we moved to another part of Eastern TN we love it , we are actually an hour away from Dollywood and not two hours.

I've voted Republican at the local and state level in the past, but so many of the Reps have gone off the deep end, swearing loyalty to the Tea party, that I just can't vote for them anymore.

Unbiased it is not. Funny it is.

I laughed so hard it hurt. Then I wondered if that was because it was the truth...hmmm.

As long as it's not "lol romney wants wimmen to get back in teh kitchen", then I will surely watch them.