Potato Ideas

Emma JC

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
If only I could spell their last names. ;)
Dr Caldwell Esselstyn
Rip & Jane Esselstyn

doncha hate it when yur google machine is on the fritz? :(

hehe Emma JC

Lou

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Dr Caldwell Esselstyn
Rip & Jane Esselstyn

doncha hate it when yur google machine is on the fritz? :(

hehe Emma JC
The little winky face means I was joking

TofuRobot

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
I'm lazy... I like the red potatoes or the mini potatoes you get from Trader Joe's - cook them in the IP (the whole bag) - eat a few while they're hot then freeze what's left over & heat them up for a couple mins in the microwave. I typically put avocado and salsa on top and/or the avocado dressing (also from TJ's). Sometimes I cut them up and put them in a big salad/bowl thing with other veggies & greens.

Forest Nymph

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
I bought some fancy truffle salt over the weekend. I'm thinking of using that on baked potatoes with Earth balance, then maybe off-set the richness with some fresh sprouts or chives.

I've seen recipes that use olive oil instead of Earth Balance and parsley instead of sprouts or chives. You could also add garlic if you wanted, and/or make vegan Parmesan out of cashews.

• 👍
Reactions: Emma JC

Forest Nymph

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
I'm lazy... I like the red potatoes or the mini potatoes you get from Trader Joe's - cook them in the IP (the whole bag) - eat a few while they're hot then freeze what's left over & heat them up for a couple mins in the microwave. I typically put avocado and salsa on top and/or the avocado dressing (also from TJ's). Sometimes I cut them up and put them in a big salad/bowl thing with other veggies & greens.
I like the avocado and salsa idea.

• 👍
Reactions: Emma JC

Emma JC

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
If you used to like devilled eggs, this video from Jane Esselstyn and her mom, might be of interest as they make something similar with potatoes.

Emma JC

• 👍
Reactions: Lou

Veganite

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
I make these thick cut style potato chips that is a favorite treat of mine. I make these in the oven in less than 30 minutes total. They're more like a thin French fry, but if you get them baked just right, they're very much like a nice hot potato chip - crispy and delicious.

I use a mandoline but I have sliced them by hand as well. Just wash, dry and slice your potatoes. Toss them in a bowl with some onion powder, smoked paprika, and sea salt (oil is optional, but totally not necessary). Place them in a single layer on parchment paper in the oven at around 425 F for 8-10 mins. Turn them over and continue baking another 7-10 minutes longer. Check them often, as they burn easily. I serve these with a dip I make with veganaise, ketchup, Franks hot sauce, and dry chipotle pepper.

• 👍
Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Food 7
Lou Recipes 8
Let's Talk Vegan Recipes 0
Anonymous Name Transitioning 35
H Recipes 0