Potato Ideas

Lou

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Yesterday I made a new thread about mashed potatoes. Then Emma just gave me some great ideas for potatoes. I bet you guys have lots of good potato recipes. Instant Pot, Baked, Nuked, fried, air fried, whatever.

I'm also interested in gravy for mashed potatoes. And whatever you guys like on top of your baked potatoes.

So how about it?

Sax

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Roast potatoes
cook lentils
sautee whatever veggies are in the fridge, when they're about done add coconut milk and curry powder and simmer
garlic/cilantro/lime juice/red pepper

Reactions: Emma JC and Lou

mavrick45

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Dice some potatoes, toss them in a pan for frying. add the following seasonings: basil, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, black pepper, dash of salt, and a looooot of paprika.

then heat up some tofurky italian sausage or tofukry kielbasa

quick and easy hash

Reactions: Lou and Emma JC

Emma JC

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Smokey Little Devils - from Jane Esselstyn and her mom - quite funny...

Emma JC

Reactions: Lou

Mbeth

Reaction score
I like to pair chili with baked potatoes. Loaded baked potatoes are a regular dinner at our place. Chili, broccoli, cream sauce, guacamole...pretty much anything I can find in the fridge.

I also like potato tacos- dice potatoes, toss with some taco seasoning and bake them, then use them as taco filler with all the regular taco toppings.

Potato soup-I use my pre-vegan recipe and just swap out the milk and butter.

Lately I'm on a "tater tot bar" kick. I noticed it on the kid's school menu, and asked my boys what it was like. They said "gross" :) but it got me thinking. It's turned into a quick meal- I bake a few tater tots and top with steamed or roasted veggies, leftovers like chili or baked tofu, sauce, guac, etc. I love meals like this because it suits the meat eaters in the house as well- they can easily add whatever meat and cheese they want to their dish. (same with the loaded baked potato meal- everyone eats basically the same thing, and can just add or leave out whatever toppings they want)

Reactions: Lou and Emma JC

Emma JC

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Nacho Cheeze Sauce is one of my other favourite uses of potatoes...

Cut up a couple of potatoes into chunks, also an 1/4 to 1/2 an onion and put them in a pot of water to cook until soft.
In a blender or food processor put 1/2 red bell pepper, clove or two of garlic, bit of salt, 1/2 cup of nutritional yeast, 1 tablespoon of hot sauce (Sriracha is great), 2 tablespoons of salsa and then add the cooked potatoes and onions when they are ready. Spin it up and enjoy!

You can also add carrot to the potato/onion part and even use sweet potato.

You can put it on pizza or potatoes themselves or with chili as well as with nachos.

Emma JC

Reactions: Sax and Lou
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Lou Recipes 8
Let's Talk Vegan Recipes 0
Anonymous Name Transitioning 35
H Recipes 0
K Food 3