US Politics-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regulated or unregulated?
As unregulated as it can be while still respecting individual's rights. Capitalism needs to follow moral rules just like any other system. but as long as their not violating another person's rights I think we should just let people do as they please with their private property and businesses.

As unregulated as it can be while still respecting individual's rights. Capitalism needs to follow moral rules just like any other system. but as long as their not violating another person's rights I think we should just let people do as they please with their private property and businesses.
I'm not sure you realize how much you contradict yourself. One one side you're against authoritarian power, then you go off supporting gun rights (unless you really were being sarcastic--I wasn;t sure!) and now you're promoting capitalism.
Where does private property come from? How do businesses grow? Stepping on the backs of those with lesser means, as in generational prosperity, is how capitalists grow--and use their power to promote whatever agendas they need to keep power!

I'm not sure you realize how much you contradict yourself. One one side you're against authoritarian power, then you go off supporting gun rights (unless you really were being sarcastic--I wasn;t sure!)
How is gun rights authoritarian? I say it's the opposite, an authoritarian government would want people to be dependent on it for protection, They don't want people to independent from the state, and they certainly don't want a population that is willing to violently oppose oppression!
and now you're promoting capitalism.
Where does private property come from? How do businesses grow? Stepping on the backs of those with lesser means, as in generational prosperity, is how capitalists grow
That is why we have worker's unions and consumer advocates.
--and use their power to promote whatever agendas they need to keep power!
And to solve this we must bring about stronger anti-corruption laws.

P.S. I'm not actually a capitalist, when I posted "I like capitalism" It was mostly just to see what would happen. I'm on the fence economically, but I'm currently leaning towards capitalism.

Gun rights aren't about protection--unless you're speaking of wild animals. What do gun owners guns shoot more most? Unintended victims, or victims of crimes of passion. Nothing but an illusion for the right wingers to spout, all the while whispering dog whistle racism.
A good guy with a gun. A good guys gun killed his wife, his child uses it and kills baby brother, or self.
The same old story of standing down crime and winning doesn't change much, because it's an anomaly.

Answer this-if gun ownership is allowed so that the citizens can overthrow a repressive regime, why aren't we allowed tanks and missile launchers? Exactly what are we to achieve throwing stones at armed militia? I'll give you one idea. A bunch of white men storming a government building does get a WHOLE lot farther than most!! What do they get? What they've always had!!!
The second amendment hasn't moved much from the civil war days.
Let me ask you a question--when have you ever seen a group of armed black men storm a government building and have a positive outcome?

Gun rights aren't about protection--unless you're speaking of wild animals. What do gun owners guns shoot more most? Unintended victims, or victims of crimes of passion. Nothing but an illusion for the right wingers to spout, all the while whispering dog whistle racism.
A good guy with a gun. A good guys gun killed his wife, his child uses it and kills baby brother, or self.
The same old story of standing down crime and winning doesn't change much, because it's an anomaly.
If people don't have guns how will they defend themselves? Also you haven't explained how gun rights is authoritarian.
Answer this-if gun ownership is allowed so that the citizens can overthrow a repressive regime, why aren't we allowed tanks and missile launchers?
I think we should.
Exactly what are we to achieve throwing stones at armed militia? I'll give you one idea. A bunch of white men storming a government building does get a WHOLE lot farther than most!! What do they get? What they've always had!!!
The second amendment hasn't moved much from the civil war days.
Let me ask you a question--when have you ever seen a group of armed black men storm a government building and have a positive outcome?
Must you make this about race? It is totally irrelevant to the issue.

Last edited:
Answer this-if gun ownership is allowed so that the citizens can overthrow a repressive regime, why aren't we allowed tanks and missile launchers? Exactly what are we to achieve throwing stones at armed militia? I'll give you one idea. A bunch of white men storming a government building does get a WHOLE lot farther than most!! What do they get? What they've always had!!!
You'd be surprise at how many people think they can overthrow the government with their guns. Even after I mention the technology and power divide between citizens and government, they still stick with their Rambo fantasies.

You don't need guns (or tanks or planes) to overthrow a government.
what do they call it? Asymetical warfare.

Look at Jan 6. the insurrectionists were unarmed. and it just took several thousand people to storm the capital. Not sure how it might have played out if things went diffently.

I think there must be about 20 million people who think Trump is still President. If it just took a few thousand to people to get into the capital - just think of what a few million people could do.

You don't need guns (or tanks or planes) to overthrow a government.
what do they call it? Asymmetrical warfare.

Look at Jan 6. the insurrectionists were unarmed. and it just took several thousand people to storm the capital. Not sure how it might have played out if things went diffently.

I think there must be about 20 million people who think Trump is still President. If it just took a few thousand to people to get into the capital - just think of what a few million people could do.

They were unprepared, and there were insiders who looked the other way. If the government is aware of a serious threat, (and I think they've learned their lesson from 1/6), any future insurrectionist won't have it so easy.

DARPA and other such agencies are investing a lot of money into robotics, and despite what you see in Boston Dynamic videos, it's not just for business or entertainment.

If things get serious, the government has various tools at it's disposal. They won't reveal their hand unless they absolutely have to.

Further, the government isn't located in one place. If you take out the capital, and kill everyone inside, you still haven't overthrown the government.

Also, the NSA is listening.

Reactions: Lou
You'd be surprise at how many people think they can overthrow the government with their guns. Even after I mention the technology and power divide between citizens and government, they still stick with their Rambo fantasies.
Unfortunately you are probably right, The best solution is to live independently from the government, They can't rule you that way.

Although look at Mexico, the government is kept in check by the cartels, if the government try's to pull some authoritarian s**t the cartels would put a stop to it immediately. We need something like that here.

Although look at Mexico, the government is kept in check by the cartels, if the government try's to pull some authoritarian s**t the cartels would put a stop to it immediately. We need something like that here.
Yeah, drug pushing, money laundering, human trafficking, murderous thugs to keep the government off our backs

So, it´s very very early days, and at the risk of saying something excessively premature, Trump looks for now the leading candidate to be the Republican nominee in 2024. He has said several times as such in recent weeks/months that he plans to run although he may change his mind. I think in the early days of his Presidency I wasn´t sure if he even wanted to be there but people get drunk on power and now that his influence has been shot it´s like a drug, he wants it back I think. I can no longer see him being content to run a TV channel or a business and play golf. He is now a politician, no longer a business person.

He still appears to command enough influence over the base by the look of it.

I suspect this might be bad news for the Republican party. I don´t think Trump will come up with many new ideas and it will be more of the same.

Majority of the people that come of voting age between 2020 and 2024 will surely not go for Trump. People´s opinions about climate change will shift a little more by then. And the other thing is that the business community is starting to depart from the Republicans due to their madness. The campaign $$ will flow for a Democrat President probably. Surely at least 1%-2% more people will have to wake up from the Trump madness with a few years to reflect.

I´m hopeful that a Trump nomination in 2024 will be damaging for the Republicans.

Even if he decides not to run, his support will be valuable, and he can be kingmaker (or queenmaker) and almost end up being the power behind the throne. Even that might be damaging to the Republicans to some extent. It´s hard to imagine him staying out of altogether.

• Agree
Reactions: Lou
Status
Not open for further replies.