US Politics-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
To reply to my own post about Afghanistan above, then again if they had left 2,500 troops in there and the Taliban has taken over Kabul eventually anyway, and killed half of those American soldiers, everyone would have said "why on earth did they leave 2,500 troops when we have over a million troops?" And said, "surely we should have just got out altogether or left at least 50,000". And then if we had left 50,000 troops everyone would have said "this is costing a fortune, and costing American lives, when are we ever going to get out of there?".

You really can´t win when everyone is an armchair pundit making judgments after the fact.

It does feel like the evacuation was poorly planned and executed. And rushed.
However I don't think we should blame Biden on that.
Trump started this drawdown months and months ago.
Certainly the military has had plenty of time to plan this.

I read that Trump is to blame - it was his State Department that hindered the granting of visas.

Last edited:
California recall election polls: Latest Polls Of The California Recall Election

I don't understand the narrow margin. California has almost twice as many registered Democrats as registered Republicans: These five maps show how California is divided between Democrats and Republicans
From what I have read the narrow margin is partly Newsom's fault for not taking the thing more seriously and not getting a head start.

its is also that Democratic voters are taking a win for granted and not voting or getting energized. They may be also distracted by covid, wildfires, and Afghanistan.

the Republican voters are totally excited and energized and mobilized. Frothing at the mouth with the chance to take down a democratic governor.

She is from Orlando. Her husband is the mayor of Orange County and the former Police Chief in Orlando. He is one of the mayors that have defied DeSantis throughout the pandemic. Good people!
We are counting on you to get her elected. :)

Reactions: KLS52
I will do what I can which isn't much! LOL My BIL is fairly active in local politics and I am sure he will be doing all he can for her!
vote, remind people to vote, maybe send her $3. I sent her $3 bucks and I don't even live in FL.
she couldn't be running against a bigger A-hole.

I'm feeling better about the recall. I really don't want to hang any more doors.
And I really don't want to spend this weekend making phone calls.

As far as Texas goes. I thought these Redditors have a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.