• yes

• nah

Results are only viewable after voting.

jose132

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
My dilema is the following I am really into fashion and ive really been liking a brand named offwhite. The point being that this brand made a collab with nike 10 shoes to be specific and now maybe some more variations during the year. Offwhite being a italian designer brand inclines onto leather with that said I have no chance of getting my hands on any pair of offwhite shoes not only because of their price (400+) but because of the animal materials. That being said only one shoe from the nike x offwhite collab is vegan, only one. This sneakers sell out in literal minutes because the demand is overwhelming so much so that a $190 pair of sneakers resell for about 2,000 dollars and I do not have that kind of money

With that out of the way nike announced more colorways on the previous models that initally released as part of the "the ten" collab and with the announcement came a new opportunity to get some variations of the shoes of the original release also my desired vegan show for only $160 retail( because of everything aforementioned)

Feeling my chances are pretty slim on the vegan ones not only because its only one model but also because its been rumored to be a surprise drop.I've been thinking about trying to buy one of the other sneakers, leather, if I am even able or lucky enough on the day they drop to later trade them for the ones i want.

And thats my issue that allthough i know its not vegan to buy animal products I feel this falls onto the case case vegan issues were you need to evaluate from a higher perspective and I think that it is in a sense different just because of the soaring demand, because nike knows and everybody knows does shoes are pretty much sold and resold compared to a supermarket where they need to restock every so often and they do not know if they will sell there whole supply. Maybe Im playing vegan gymnastics but I dont even plan on making any money off the shoes just trading them for the ones I want. Because they will be in the same price range or perhaps higher than the ones I want.

Please be honest and critical thats what this is all about and keep in mind Im here because I want to know your honest thoughts. THANKSS

You would still be paying for a poor cow's dead flesh. Those poor things are treated horribly and you would just be feeding into a demand. Buy vegan shoes.

I am really into fashion

In 1966 The Kinks had a smash hit with “He’s a Dedicated Follower of Fashion”. I have to admit that the meaning of the lyrics completely went over my head. I just did not recognise the song as a total condemnation of the Carnaby Street set.

Furthermore I misheard the title. The raging hormones from my adolescent years still hadn’t anywhere near dissipated and I gleefully and loudly accompanied Ray Davies with the words, “He’s a dedicated follower of passion.”

Roger.

I think you ought to wait until you can buy the vegan ones mate. I'm not passionate about fashion, I'm glad you are and it's interesting to read your post, but I legitimately wouldn't feel right advising you to buy leather.

I thought this sneakers craze to be strange. Turns out I am kinda vvrong; microbiology and material.

Fairtrade, vegan, eco should enable vvalking better paths; as a guideline.

Are these shoes really worth the life of an animal? I think by asking the question you've shown that you already know the answer - nobody here is going to encourage you to buy leather shoes!

The question, much rationalization can grovv. Is it vvorth it to harvest?