Pictures of Your Animal Family

This is my sister's dog. My sister likes to say that he is my dog but he just lives with her.

We have lived together all winter.

full

One of my son’s rats received an injury last week from one of the hammocks in the cage. It was pretty bad...she apparently got caught and tried to free herself so she’s missing three toes and bone is exposed on one. She had a revisit this morning after a week of several medications. She now has to have the foot amputated. :cry:

I can’t even imagine how this is going to work. She’s so small. I know other animals do well with amputations but I’ve no experience with a rat. I hope she does ok. Poor Gomorrah. :cry: My son must be a wreck. He’s on his way home now...he brought the other three for a well check since it’s a new vet. It’s also almost an hour away. He will need to go back later this evening to get Gomorrah. The good thing is this vet comes highly recommended and is used by Mainely Rat Rescue which is where he got all of his rats from, with the exception of Gomorrah. She was to be snake food and we just happened to be in the pet store getting supplies when we saw her. He was going to ask if he could foster her and I said, why bother...just buy her. Luckily the staff was so excited to have her not be food that they gave her to us for free. She’s the sweetest little thing, too. 💗💗💗