Pictures of Your Animal Family

This is a lovely blanket!:up:
Thank you, Val. It will be big enough for a queen-size bed when I am done with it. I am donating it to our beach association's annual craft show raffle in July. Last year I made one and it made a lot of money in raffle ticket sales.

Reactions: Chryssie and Amy SF
This is the feeder rat that we rescued a few months ago. She’s the sweetest, most gentle rat we’ve had to date. She got spayed today. We had to put the sanctuary rat, Thistle, down yesterday. She was 3 1/2 years old which is pretty awesome for a rat. We’re hoping Gamora can go with one of the four boys so she won’t be alone. She’s going to miss Thistle.
729982E9-7A41-4902-A37E-252875B48C10.jpeg

Reactions: Amy SF
Thank you, Val. It will be big enough for a queen-size bed when I am done with it. I am donating it to our beach association's annual craft show raffle in July. Last year I made one and it made a lot of money in raffle ticket sales.
I wish our sister cities were a bit closer to one another so we could have crochet parties!

Reactions: Val
I'm sorry about Thistle, @KLS52 - but yeah- 3-1/2 years is almost a record for a rat! And with you, she had a happy life as well as a long one.

LOVE the pix of Stella and Joon on the previous page, as well as your other cats. Your comment about needing a bigger lap reminded me of that line in "Jaws" about needing a bigger boat, but cats are way cuter and cuddlier than sharks. (even though they sometimes like to ambush your feet, and there's no warning "duuhhh-DUM..." music when they're after you...)

Reactions: Val
I'm sorry about Thistle, @KLS52 - but yeah- 3-1/2 years is almost a record for a rat! And with you, she had a happy life as well as a long one.
I 've had many rats over the years. The one who lived the longest was the only male I ever had. I was at the pet supply store one day and noticed he was literally the only rat left in the store. I didn't want him turning into snake food, so I bought him. He was around 3 1/2 or 4 when he passed.

I read what that meant.:mad::(
Yeah it was a real fluke how we ended up with her and she’s turning out to be the best.

I love how the staff begged the store manager not to sell her as snake food and instead see if someone would adopt her. My son spotted her quite by chance and started asking questions about her. He decided to ask if they would let him foster and I said, why bother fostering, just buy her. They ended up giving her to us no charge when they found out my son fostered for Mainely Rat Rescue and they were sure he wasn’t going to use her for snake food.