TV & Film Orphan Black

I love that they've been showing Beth's back story leading up to the suicide that kicked off the show back in season 1, filling in some of the gaps and answering some questions, including why she killed herself in the first place. Incidentally, after each episode airs, there's a little chat with the creators/writers and some of the actors that's about half an hour. If you don't watch those when they air, the BBC America mobile app has them for viewing, along with the episodes themselves.

Orphan Black is coming to an end next year.

New York, NY - June 16, 2016 -BBC AMERICA announced today the renewal of its award-winning original series "Orphan Black" for a fifth and final season. The drama starring Tatiana Maslany has been re-commissioned for a 10-episode order from Temple Street and is slated to air in 2017. The series has been hailed as "thoroughly impressive, wildly entertaining" by The Hollywood Reporter, and as "a singular accomplishment in drama" by The Daily Beast. Season four is currently airing and will finale tonight, Thursday, June 16th at 10/9c.

Read more at Breaking News - BBC America's "Orphan Black" Announces Fifth and Final Season | TheFutonCritic.com

Reactions: FortyTwo
Orphan Black is coming to an end next year.

As much as I want to see more of this wonderful show, I always have to respect when creators bring their shows to a good conclusion when they're in their prime, as opposed to keeping it going and risking running out of ideas, getting lazy, and ultimately ending up getting cancelled. I'd much rather have five amazing seasons of OB than have to say "well, it went on for 10 seasons, but the last four were mediocre and the final season was goddamn awful." Not that that's what would happen, of course, but when you drag a show out that's what you risk.