TV & Film Orphan Black

One of the best shows on TV right now.

I binge-watched it all several weeks ago, over the course of a weekend, when there were only 12 episodes.

Absolutely love everything about this show.

Reactions: Amy SF
So...the season 2 finale aired last night.

What the hell? :eek:

I have two questions:

Why did they kidnap Helena, and what are they going to do with her?

Damned confused.

I was watching the scene where the clones dance to reggae and then the next one where Sarah and Cosima are next to each other in bed, and thinking, how the hell do they do that? What special effects do they use? And in all the episodes it's Tatiana Maslany playing several different, distinct characters. How does she do that so brilliantly?

If Tatiana Maslany doesn't get nominated and doesn't win anything at the next Emmy awards, I'm going to be very put out.

Reactions: SuicideBlonde
THERE WAS A DANCE PARTY AND EVERYONE WAS TOGETHER BUT THEN COSIMA ALMOST DIED BUT IMAGINARY-DELPHINE STEPPED IN and then there was some stuff with Helena and Mark

But no, seriously, the whole male clone thing was totally out of the blue, and I think Mark was a good choice because nobody would have expected it, he's not even a super important character but we've seen enough of him to at least know who he is.

Also, am I the only one who absolutely does not give even a half of a **** about Paul anymore? He was interesting for maybe the first half of the first season, and every time since then when he shows up it's just like UGH. Who even cares. More Cal, more Felix, even more of these new Project Castor clones, but NO MORE PAUL. Not that Dylan Bruce is a bad actor or anything (or that he's not super hot), but really, he's just not an interesting character, even if he turns out to have more backstory with Project Castor. I couldn't even figure out what his motivations were half the time. Oh, now he's with Sarah. Oh, now he's with Rachel. Okay. Whatever. Yawn.

Reactions: Amy SF
There wasn't much focus on Allison and Donnie in the season finale. Dr. Leekie's body may be buried beneath their garage floor, but I suspect it will be discovered in season 3, and Allison's perfectly ordered world will completely fall apart. Oh, hell.

There wasn't much focus on Allison and Donnie in the season finale. Dr. Leekie's body may be buried beneath their garage floor, but I suspect it will be discovered in season 3, and Allison's perfectly ordered world will completely fall apart. Oh, hell.
I... don't know if I can get behind calling Alison's world 'perfectly ordered.' But yeah, I think her hell spiral of a life will probably get even more hell-spiral-y as time goes on. And the fact that Donnie just up and killed the head of a top-secret scientific project which apparently has military connections doesn't do the two of them any favors...

header_news.jpg

[07/09/14 - 02:59 PM]
BBC America Announces New Seasons of "Orphan Black," "Broadchurch" and New Drama Series "Tatau" and "The Last Kingdom"
The drama starring Tatiana Maslany has been re-commissioned for a 10-episode order from Temple Street Productions.
orphan_black.jpg

[via press release from BBC America]
BBC AMERICA ANNOUNCES NEW SEASONS OF "ORPHAN BLACK," "BROADCHURCH" AND NEW DRAMA SERIES "TATAU" AND "THE LAST KINGDOM"

Beverly Hills, CA - July 9, 2014 - BBC AMERICA's General Manager, Perry Simon, made the following announcements today during the channel's presentation for the Television Critics Association in Beverly Hills.

Acclaimed series Orphan Black and Broadchurch will return with new seasons in 2015 and the channel has two new dramas going into production - Tatau, from the producers of Being Human, and The Last Kingdom, from the producers of Downton Abbey.

RETURNING SERIES ANNOUNCED:

Orphan Black - Season Three Premieres 2015

BBC AMERICA has renewed award-winning original series Orphan Black for a third season. The drama starring Tatiana Maslany has been re-commissioned for a 10-episode order from Temple Street Productions. Orphan Black became the first ever ad-supported drama series to double its ratings from season one to season two in A25-54 and 18-49 in Live+7.* The season two finale earned series highs in Live+7 among total viewers (1.376 million).

Audience and social media highlights:

· The Live+3 lift from Live+SD for the Orphan Black season two premiere still ranks #1 among all TV drama season premieres thus far in the 2013/14 TV season.

· Orphan Black season two is BBC AMERICA's second best series ever in A25-54 in Live+3, C3, and Live+7, just behind Doctor Who season seven.

· Orphan Black season two episodes 6-9 reached #1 and episodes1-5 reached #2 on iTunes overall TV episodes chart within 24 hours of their premieres.

· Orphan Black was the #1 television show on Twitter and Tumblr for the day of premiere and was the #1 ad-supported cable drama on Twitter for the week.

· BBC AMERICA is the first network to live-tweet a TV show with animated GIFs. @OrphanBlack shared animated GIFs timed to the season finale.

· #3 on Twitter among ad-supported cable dramas on average during its run and seven times the activity from season one to season two.

· The Orphan Black Tumblr has had over 750,000 notes from almost 140K fans in season two and there were 11.3 million notes on the Orphan Black topic in the new season.

The innovative series, co-created by Graeme Manson and John Fawcett, earned a Peabody Award this year and lead actress Tatiana Maslany has received two back-to-back Critics' Choice Awards for Best Actress, a TCA Award for Individual Achievement, a Young Hollywood Award, a Gracie Award and Golden Globe(R) and People's Choice nominations.

The cast includes Tatiana Maslany, Jordan Gavaris, Dylan Bruce, Maria Doyle Kennedy, Skyler Wexler, Kevin Hanchard, Evelyne Brochu, Kristian Bruun, Michael Mando and Matt Frewer. The second season also included actors Michiel Huisman, Ari Millen, Peter Outerbridge, Patrick J. Adams and Michelle Forbes.

Orphan Black is BBC AMERICA's second original drama commission. The series is produced by Temple Street Productions in association with BBC AMERICA and SPACE. Executive producers are Ivan Schneeberg and David Fortier on behalf of Temple Street Productions, Graeme Manson and John Fawcett. Orphan Black is distributed by BBC Worldwide.

Read more at http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/...om-457112/20140709bbca02/#ZI5qfb7u4BPmfU3s.99

Well, it seemed like forever, but April 18th is finally here! Season 3 premieres tonight! :starshower:

I've been waiting so long between seasons, I hope I haven't forgotten too much of Season 2. :oops: