TV & Film Orphan Black

That episode was really something!

They're related! By blood! Equal parts unbelievable, I mean what would the chances of mrs s randomly taking in her own blood, and compelling. She was drawn to Sarah because she's her sister ( mother?).

So. Let's talk about that finale. My satellite shorted out ten minutes before the end so I'll have to watch it on demand. But neolutionists are a thing, again? And I want cosima's new girlfriend to meet the others.

Hmm still not so sure about Cosima's new girlfriend. While they concluded she wasn't with Caster, Neolution didn't die with Leeky, now it's known the Neolutionists have a presence, and apparently they are covertly everywhere.

Apologies, I just realized I mostly echoed what was already said. While thinking on the topic of Orphan Black there is one thing about it that's really bugging me with the production. A lot of times the dramatic soundtrack is washing out what's being said. I REALLY wish they'd lower the volume of the music a bit, I hate having to struggle to hear what's being said because the music is trying to enhance the intensity of a scene a little too much.

This is something I posted on another site:

One complaint I have that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere is the de-evolution of Felix’s character. In Season One, he was an individual character, with an interesting life that was separate from the Clone Club. But as time wore on, he became little more than just someone who’s basically a servant for the sestras. He helps them out, watches over Gracie and Helena, and does little more than panic whenever a crisis pops up. It was fun to watch him kick in that door in the finale, but that seemed to be the most interesting thing about him all season long. I love that he has a bond with Sarah and her sestras, but I really wish we’d see a little more of his own life again next season.

I also have to say, when we were introduced to Helena in Season One, I didn't like her. She was clearly mentally unstable and dangerous. But it's a testament to Tatiana Maslany's talent and good writing that she was able to flesh out Helena to make her more interesting and sympathetic. I was rooting for her this season to continue developing into a great character. I don't think she's there yet, but hopefully she'll continue to evolve next season.

Last edited:
This is something I posted on another site:

One complaint I have that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere is the de-evolution of Felix’s character. In Season One, he was an individual character, with an interesting life that was separate from the Clone Club. But as time wore on, he became little more than just someone who’s basically a servant for the sestras. He helps them out, watches over Gracie and Helena, and does little more than panic whenever a crisis pops up. It was fun to watch him kick in that door in the finale, but that seemed to be the most interesting thing about him all season long. I love that he has a bond with Sarah and her sestras, but I really wish we’d see a little more of his own life again next season.

I also have to say, when we were introduced to Helena in Season One, I didn't like her. She was clearly mentally unstable and dangerous. But it's a testament to Tatiana Maslany's talent and good writing that she was able to flesh out Helena to make her more interesting and sympathetic. I was rooting for her this season to continue developing into a great character. I don't think she's there yet, but hopefully she'll continue to evolve next season.

Agreed on all of this!

I do hope we get more of Felix soon. My favorite Felix moment this season was with Krystal, and his turmoil about having to cheat her like that and not being able to let her in on Clone Club.

Helena has been getting better and better, even if she went darkside for a bit there. Although I actually liked Helena from the moment she and Sarah sat down in that diner in S1 for their discussion.

Reactions: Amy SF
image: http://www.thefutoncritic.com/images/global/header_news.jpg

header_news.jpg

[02/18/16 - 08:58 AM]
"Orphan Black" Season Four - New Night. New Time. More Clones!
On Thursday, April 14, season four of the series bursts back onto the scene with more action, suspense, and even more of Emmy(R)-nominated actress, Tatiana Maslany, in her ground-breaking roles.
[via press release from BBC America]
NEW NIGHT. NEW TIME. MORE CLONES!

BBC AMERICA'S ORIGINAL HIT DRAMA ORPHAN BLACK RETURNS THURSDAY, APRIL 14TH AT 10/9c

Get Caught Up on All Three Seasons at BBCAMERICA.COM

"Where are you going? Back to the beginning of all this sh*#t." - Sarah Manning

BBC AMERICA released today the highly-anticipated premiere date of the Peabody Award-winning clone drama, Orphan Black. On Thursday, April 14th at 10/9c, season four of the series bursts back onto the scene with more action, suspense, and even more of Emmy(R)-nominated actress, Tatiana Maslany, in her ground-breaking roles.

The new season sees Sarah (Maslany) returning home from her Icelandic hideout to track down an elusive new ally tied to deceased clone Beth (Maslany), whose identity Sarah stole in the series' first episode. With the stakes higher than ever before, Sarah and her sisters band together to uncover the missing chapter of the clone conspiracy - following Beth's footsteps into a dangerous relationship with a potent enemy who holds the key to their survival.

Read more at Breaking News - "Orphan Black" Season Four - New Night. New Time. More Clones! | TheFutonCritic.com