Omega 3 supplements

Rachel Shaw

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hello,

can anyone here recommend a decent vegan omega 3 supplement? I've tried Nuique and I wasn't a fan as they tasted quite fishy and quite a few of the capsules had split.

I've seen a lot when I've been searching online but would like peoples opinion before buying again.

Thanks in advance :)

Hello Rachel!

Have you heard of "Holland & Barrett" before? When I do need to supplement.. I buy from them because they have shops in most cities/towns and they have a pretty good reputation.

See these links :)

Vegan Algal Oil Omega 3-6-9 30 Capsules
Flaxseed Oil Vegi Capsules 500mg

Also, welcome to the forums :innocent:

thank you for your reply :) Holland and Barrett is usually my 'go to' place too. The algal oil looks good but is a little pricey for me:( Have you heard of opti 3? http://www.vegetology.co.uk/products/opti3 it sounds similar to Nuique but higher strength.

No problem :)

They are expensive! There's always certain seeds and oil that are rich in Omega 3 like in this bread for example.

I have not heard of opti 3 before.. Though I found the same product on Amazon with quite a few positive reviews, the site you've found seem to be listing them at a bargain! :eek:

If you purchase products from Amazon based on the reviews by other people take a look at this site, it analyses a products reviews to determine whether or not they are genuine it's really handy!

I love using Chia seeds in cooking, which have a multitude of benefits (see link). They are a rich source of Omega-3 fats, protein, vitamins and minerals.
http://draxe.com/chia-seeds-benefits-side-effects/

I have ground seeds which I use in breads and as an egg substitute in baking. They can also be used in smoothies, cereals and cooked dishes.
I bought mine in the penny sale at Holland and Barrett- plus with my Vegan Society card I get 10% off final fee.
A large bag lasts me quite a while, so it's worth the cost.

Reactions: Rachel Shaw
No problem :)

They are expensive! There's always certain seeds and oil that are rich in Omega 3 like in this bread for example.

I have not heard of opti 3 before.. Though I found the same product on Amazon with quite a few positive reviews, the site you've found seem to be listing them at a bargain! :eek:

If you purchase products from Amazon based on the reviews by other people take a look at this site, it analyses a products reviews to determine whether or not they are genuine it's really handy!

I ordered them over the weekend based on the reviews :yum fingers crossed!! thank you for your help :)

Reactions: Damo
Sounds fair enough!

I'm sure they'll be fine, I'd be more concerned about the company you ordered from than the actual manufacture of the supplement though I'm probably just being paranoid as I've not heard of them before.

Let me know how it goes :)