Nutrition & Diet October Health Challenge

I'm just back from a long weekend car trip - nearly 1000 miles! Bleh!!! I'm ready for a nice, long (ha! for me, long is 3 miles!) run (jog!) in the morning. And if it's raining? I'm running (jogging!) anyway!!!

I got some good walks in over the weekend: 4-mile loops, one on Friday afternoon and one yesterday. I stayed up wicked late to watch the Red Sox and the rest of Sunday night football, so I slept in this morning. Going to hit the gym tomorrow for sure and include weights. I'm thinking I might do the spin bike for cardio just to mix things up a bit.

Reactions: KLS52
I ended up doing the treadmill...I just love climbing! I skipped the weights for the morning, though, as I was running a bit late. I plan to do a Leslie toning-with-weights video when I get home tonight, though.

I have gone to the gym 5 days straight now. At this point I am still just walking (little bit of jogging) for 40 minutes. I increased the incline yesterday and that does give a better workout. One of these days I will get on those abs machines! :D

I went to Body Pump this morning. If I can walk in the morning, I hope to go for another run (jog).

Reactions: PTree15
What is "Body Pump?" Is it a boot camp?

No, not exactly. It's a 60 minute class with weights that's supposed to work out your entire body. I like it because I feel that if I do just one class a week, I'm probably getting in as much , if not more, weight lifting than t I would normally do on my own.

Here's a link to the official Body Pump site. I haven't had quite the transformation they promise! :rolleyes:

Interesting. Looks like the YMCA's offer the classes. I need to do a bit of weight training on the machines but I don't LIKE it. :D

I actually really like the body pump classes. The instructors are all trained and the music is very good! It takes a few times to figure out how much weight you should use for each body part but once you get used to it, it's a great work out, and a lot of fun too.

Looking at the videos for the Body Pump and it looks like a bit too much for an old lady like me. :D I really should get on those easy to do machines; just need to DO IT.

I watched a part of the 30 day shred to see what it was like...that woman freakin' scares the heck out of me. I think she could make me cry, lol.

Haha, I have heard she takes the 'tough love' approach but she's not like that on the 30DS.

Anyway I've finished now...took some big breaks due to long hours at work & this stupid cold. I think a bit more rest until completely better & then onto some yoga & maybe back to some cardio a few times a week. :)

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52