Nutritious expedition food advice - a vegan going to sea!

Kirst

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum :) I'm also relatively new to veganism. I've been a vegan for 5 months now and love learning how to cook, healthy nutritional plant-based meals. I desperately need some advice though please...

I am a researcher, going on marine expedition for 5 weeks down in the Southern Ocean. We won't be making any land stops during the journey, and the chefs essentially cater for the military. I've been informed that the one vegan they took last year really wasn't getting very nutritional meals as they didn't replace animal protein with whole foods, they just cut out the meat! I find it really bizarre that they won't have a huge store of pulses and beans when they cost so little and last for years, but alas this is not the case. However, I am able to take a box of consumables with me and need to have this ready by the end of the month. I was wondering whether anyone knew of nutritional vegan expedition food packs that i can cook up myself, with a kettle (as I wont be allowed in the main kitchen). Also what essential supplements and energy sources would you recommend to make up a sea-going vegan survival kit please?

Many, many thanks in advance!

Kirst

Welcome Kirst,

250km Desert Race Nutrition Pack
180g Vegetarian Tikka Marsala

Check this......