Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Just a thought, I've been thinking of ways to better retain existing members: Would you mind terribly if we had a monthly newsletter (or even less frequent) so that members who may have accidentally forgotten about our existence were reminded?

Personally getting mass emails (such as newsletters) annoys me. I get so many emails anyway. I consider them junk.

My thinking is (at least some) of the non posting members havent 'forgotten' about VV...:innocent:

Yes, incidentally there is an option for that under "Contact Details". So yes, definitely!

People who have the motivation/go through the effort to tweek their user details, probably don't need a reminder.

e.g. If a user doesn't select an avatar within a couple of weeks, they probably won't be sticking around anyway...

I think it has more to do with whether or not VV fills whatever need the person is looking for.

From my personal (unscientific) observation, it seems like VB attracks newbies, and we attaract "experienced" veg*ns. Maybe we should consider that our niche, and focus on attracting/retaining those types of people.

Personally getting mass emails (such as newsletters) annoys me. I get so many emails anyway. I consider them junk.
Same here, but if it's infrequent such as once a month or less, then I don't mind. If it was once a day, then I would be annoyed.

My thinking is (at least some) of the non posting members havent 'forgotten' about VV...:innocent:
This newsletter idea is to help the memory of those who have forgotten though. :)

I think it's a good idea because if visiting a message board isn't a part of your schedule and you haven't had some of the posters in your 'life' for years, it's pretty easy to forget about it. If it's (less frequent than) once a month, I really don't see a problem with not even being able to opt out. Not so hard to delete an email I don't need.

I also think that it is a good idea if it is optional. It also depends on what you are planning to put into the contents.

I think it's a good idea as long as it's infrequent. Even if some members haven't forgotten about VV, they may just be too busy to check in. An email newsletter may prompt them to do that, if only to say hello and see what we've been chatting about. If they really don't want the emails, they can simply opt out.

Same here, but I don't mind if it helps retain members and they aren't stupidly regular (I joined a forum that now emails me everyday... I haven't even posted yet, talk about needy!). Especially if they are optional.

What would go in it?

We have always been at war with VeggieBoard....the price of vegan chocolate is at a yearly high...............those who control the present control the pasta, those who control the pasta control the future.........etc......

/jk

From my personal (unscientific) observation, it seems like VB attracks newbies, and we attaract "experienced" veg*ns. Maybe we should consider that our niche, and focus on attracting/retaining those types of people.

At first glance I thought it read "it seems like VB attacks newbies, and"