Need to feel like I’m not crazy

I understand about the little ones being indoctrinated into eating meat. My grandchildren were in my custody for 2 years several years ago and we ate vegan. Sadly as soon as they went back to their mother, that was over. My granddaughter is pretty much vegan still though do to a metabolic disorder that severely restricts her diet and meat is excluded.

Thanks for the reply. I’m feeling better about it now that I can see how many people feel the same way I feel. I’m a bit ashamed of myself for needing that, but nobody’s perfect.
Um, I think I need that.
Maybe it's a basic thing people do just need, generally: not a weakness, but a strength.

Hello Everyone.

I’ve been vegan for 16 years now, and I’ve been able to deal with the emotional stress of this choice fairly easily until this last few months. I wasn’t vegan when I met my husband and he never went fully vegan but is 95% pescatarian at this point and he loves and supports me 100%. But in the last few months I’ve seen our two grandsons being brainwashed into supporting animal cruelty and the destruction of the environment before they can even speak. I’ve seen their parents cheer on as they shove that first steak or ground beef in their unaware little hands. I’ve also see my step father fighting cancer while feeding himself steaks and processed red meat. I sent my mother a Harvard meta analysis and other publications from the WHO and she just ignores it all.

So, for the first time, I’m actually struggling emotionally with being vegan in a world (and family) of meat eaters. It’s been weeks and I haven’t been able to shake it. So that’s why I’m here. I need people who have left the cave and aren’t still staring at shadows on the wall. I need to feel that I’m not crazy for being the only sane person in a crazy world. I hope people out there understand what I’m feeling.

I’ve already felt better just reading through some I these forums and seeing how many of us are out here. So thank you already!
Hello, don't worry, Veggiepedia Kids is coming soon :)