newbie...getting dizzy

orlagh

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
hi everyone
I was wondering if i could get some help?
I've recently gone vegan (2 months ago, cold turkey) and from about 1 month ago I've randomly been getting dizzy spells. (such as if i stand up to fast) I've never had a dizzy spell in my life so to me its quite an unusual experience.
I'm sure I've been getting enough calories as I've been tracking my food on an app, which tells me how much calories/protein/carbs/vitamins ect. So this helps me keep a well balanced diet (with help from the vegan pyramid) plus I'm taking supplements just to make sure I'm not lacking anything. I've been hitting the goals pretty much every day and never feel hungry. I drink plenty of water so i know its not dehydration.
Has anyone else had an experience like this? is it just my body just adapting, going through withdrawals or do you think I should seek medical advice?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

regards
orlagh
xxx

Last edited:
I've been vegan for a year and I recently fainted (while slightly bending backwards in yoga class) I went to the ER and did a bunch of tests and told them that I also get dizzy when standing up (has been happening before going vegan) and they said there was nothing wrong with me and told me just to get up slower. If you are getting dizzy while laying down that is a problem you should see your doctor about. I hope this helped. Of course if your still concerned I would just talk to your doctor about it at your routine check up.