Vegalicious

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Hello all,

I am very new to veganism and in the transition stage.

I am a 24 year old female who has been vegetarian since the age of 11, and having dabbled in veganism a few times over the last few years, something changed inside my mind a couple of weeks ago and what used to be really difficult committing to, become natural and now I don't see a way back (which is a great thing!).

Anyhow, I am about two weeks in, I can't class myself a full vegan yet as I have various quorn products in my freezer that aren't vegan and need eating, but as far as that, I am totally committed. When eating out, I now aim to eat completely vegan, and any food I buy must be vegan.

I will also start replacing any make up once finished with cruelty free vegan brands. I also aim to buy shoes that have no leather or suede in them.

It's a big change but one I am so ready for.

Other thing is trying to make sure I get all I need nutritional, and I haven't really been doing very well, as I've been eating lots of carbs, missing breakfast, and I think my blood sugar is all over the place. Which is awful as I am hoping to loose weight!

I also have subclinical hypothyroidism which I have been on medication for the last 7 months, which has just been increased. I also take a daily vitamin D supplement as whenever I am off the supplement I end up deficient again. I also take an antidepressant and a Veg1 Multivit. I do have a few other health concerns (my period hasn't come since beginning of Jan (not pregnant) and I have a slipped disc.

I am looking to buy the vegan Solgar calcium, magnesium and zinc supplement.

Sorry for the rambles.. just an overview of my situation!

Reactions: Vegan Migration
Hey! Welcome to the forum. :)

Other thing is trying to make sure I get all I need nutritional, and I haven't really been doing very well, as I've been eating lots of carbs, missing breakfast, and I think my blood sugar is all over the place. Which is awful as I am hoping to loose weight!

What exactly have you been eating? You may not need to supplement as much as you seem to be doing. I only take vitamin D and B12, everything else pretty much comes from what I eat, but I do eat a lot of different kinds of fruit and vegetables.