US New items at Trader Joe's

Not so much New Items but I found this a good reminder of things to get at TJ's.
I was just there and mostly got snacks but I'm amending my list right now.

Not so much New Items but I found this a good reminder of things to get at TJ's.
I was just there and mostly got snacks but I'm amending my list right now.

Tempeh, Sprouted tofu, Canned jackfruit (for seitan). Canned dolmas. Pumpernickel bread. Corn tortillas (just cornmeal) Shelled edamame. Cruciferous crunch. organic garlic.Soy chorizo. Carton soy beverage. Frozen organic chopped spinach, corn, peas.Non sorbate prunes. Jumbo raisins

Reactions: Lou
Tempeh, Sprouted tofu, Canned jackfruit (for seitan). Canned dolmas. Pumpernickel bread. Corn tortillas (just cornmeal) Shelled edamame. Cruciferous crunch. organic garlic.Soy chorizo. Carton soy beverage. Frozen organic chopped spinach, corn, peas.Non sorbate prunes. Jumbo raisins
Is that Your shopping list.

they were out of shelled edamame today.

Is that Your shopping list.

they were out of shelled edamame today.
Yep. I keep a list on my phone notes, it's all the things I get there, not like, on one trip!
They told me they're having problems with their soy bean suppliers and not expected to be right till Nov

• Sad
Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Yep. I keep a list on my phone notes, it's all the things I get there, not like, on one trip!
They told me they're having problems with their soy bean suppliers and not expected to be right till Nov
yeah. I noticed they still don't have soy milk in the refrigerated section.

I’m hoping that now that the kids are back in school, we will resume Target Tuesday. And I’m going to have daughter take me on a field trip to Trader Joe’s one day, even though this particular store left a lot to be desired. They didn’t have half of the items mentioned in this thread or what I used to get in the store where I used to live. I was so disappointed. It’s why I didn’t bother going back. I think it might be close to a year ago so I do want to try again.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and Lou
Cruciferous crunch! I wish I could get excited about broccoli and all those super-healthy-type vegetables.

Reactions: KLS52
Target Tuesday?
Yes…I mentioned it a few times just before summer before the kids got out for summer recess. My daughter does a weekly Walmart grocery pickup and target is right down the street. I would take the ride with her. We’d walk target until she got her pickup notification from Walmart. Anything that was out of stock she would grab from target. And it has a Starbucks so we would treat ourselves. It was a fun way to spend a couple of hours. We named it target Tuesday lol. Only now she’s going on Mondays. 😡😁

Reactions: PTree15 and Lou
Cruciferous crunch! I wish I could get excited about broccoli and all those super-healthy-type vegetables.
With olives, dried cranberries, walnuts and a dressing that's on the sweet side, I like this a lot as a salad!
I'm really trying to get in more cruciferous and dark leafies. Sometimes I enjoy them, other times I don't :shrug: . I make it for work lunch so I'm obligated ;)

Just made a TJ trip. They were out of shelf stable soy beverage but I still have a couple
Soyaki $3.49, for the first time. Tasted oil, I didn't get much of a stand out flavor from the small taste
Green Goddess seasoning. $2.99. Sounds like Penzeys Fox Point,which is fab!
Tempeh, Soy Chorizo, canned coconut creme, organic carrots
Pumpernickel bread.
Maple pecan granola (vegan- the low fat mixed berry was not, honey)
non sorbate prunes
garlic

I love how fashionable everyone looks. (but me :ignore: )
The cashier seemed vegan, and remarked on how he loves the soy chorizo and cheddar--and have I tried the new Boursin? Vegan boursin!
He said he'd never had boursin dairy and I haven't either. I didn't even think of going back for it as I'm really trying to keep food shopping down.
I tracked it last month and was a bit shocked!

Reactions: Lou
The cashier seemed vegan, and remarked on how he loves the soy chorizo and cheddar--and have I tried the new Boursin? Vegan boursin!
He said he'd never had boursin dairy and I haven't either.
I think the cashiers must have had training or encouragement. Most checkers don't remark on your food. but TJ's checkers do that a lot. and its always like that is the best, or I love that too. and then, have you tried the...

Bumping this because… I’m going Monday! I’m so excited and at the same time, expecting to be disappointed. If nothing else I will stock up on baking supplies like their sugar, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla…hopefully they’ll have some decent fruit and vegetables. Quality in the local stores is sorely lacking.

Bumping this because… I’m going Monday! I’m so excited and at the same time, expecting to be disappointed. If nothing else I will stock up on baking supplies like their sugar, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla…hopefully they’ll have some decent fruit and vegetables. Quality in the local stores is sorely lacking.
I have never thought to even look at their baking stuffs!
I will warn you, their seasoning blends like Umami. everything but the bagel, and the Green Goodess I just bought, are good, but too much salt! In order to get enough flavor I've oversalted, and I like salt!
Is their a Penzeys near?
Do you do jackfruit? They have it $2 a can

I really like the Cashew cheddar slices. They're with the sliced cheeses. They have a cashew shredded mozz I haven't yet tried
And a vegan Boursin I guess is very good
Don't forget the soy chorizo!

I have never thought to even look at their baking stuffs!
I will warn you, their seasoning blends like Umami. everything but the bagel, and the Green Goodess I just bought, are good, but too much salt! In order to get enough flavor I've oversalted, and I like salt!
Is their a Penzeys near?
Do you do jackfruit? They have it $2 a can
I tried jackfruit once and hated it. I should try again. I’m not familiar with Penzeys.
My problem is I don’t like a lot of stuff that most people like. I have pretty boring/basic taste.

I tried jackfruit once and hated it. I should try again. I’m not familiar with Penzeys.
My problem is I don’t like a lot of stuff that most people like. I have pretty boring/basic taste.
I hate jackfruit as it is, but use it in BBQ ribs and love the texture it adds.
I have a Penzeys local thats by my TJ's and get their email specials a lot. They're great for spices
I mentioned soy chorizo because that's such a TJ's thing!
They do carry Miyokos butter,not sure the price.
They have good breads

Here’s my list for tomorrow. 😁
Obviously I won’t be buying everything. I’ll be lucky if they have half of what’s on the list. I also have to check the nutrition label. I don’t want anything with too many saturated fats. I need to save that for the chocolate and ice cream haha. I’ll pass up on the food stuff if they’re high.

Shopping list

Chocolate chips
Milk and dark chocolate
Sugar
Vanilla
Ice cream
Bread
Mac n cheese
Coconut milk latte
Cashew cheese
Vegan miso
Marshmallows
Jackfruit cakes
Sunflower Pb cups
Everything Bagels
Chili lime chips
Banana almond protein smoothie
Yellow jackfruit curry
Cheeseless Cheesecake (frozen aisle)
Protein burger
Cinnamon Rolls
Vegetable samosa burrito
Cupcakes

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: Amy SF and Lou
Add some Breakfast cereal to your list. their cereal is competitively priced. I like the vanilla almond.