US New items at Trader Joe's

Here’s my list for tomorrow. 😁
Obviously I won’t be buying everything. I’ll be lucky if they have half of what’s on the list. I also have to check the nutrition label. I don’t want anything with too many saturated fats. I need to save that for the chocolate and ice cream haha. I’ll pass up on the food stuff if they’re high.

Shopping list

Chocolate chips
Milk and dark chocolate
Sugar
Vanilla
Ice cream
Bread
Mac n cheese
Coconut milk latte
Cashew cheese
Vegan miso
Marshmallows
Jackfruit cakes
Sunflower Pb cups
Everything Bagels
Chili lime chips
Banana almond protein smoothie
Yellow jackfruit curry
Cheeseless Cheesecake (frozen aisle)
Protein burger
Cinnamon Rolls
Vegetable samosa burrito
Cupcakes
No soy chorizo or tofu? Just checking.
TJ's is where I buy canned coconut milk, as the Asian store is higher priced!
You don't like jack fruit, eh?
I also like their wild blueberries

Reactions: Lou and KLS52
I tried the chorizo a few years ago…not a fan. ☹️ I was disappointed but I had never had it before, even the non veggie kind. I think it’s the spices/seasoning.

I’m able to get tofu here and twice I bought it when I lived in New York and it was bad. So I’m a little hesitant. It’s a shame because I really like the texture.

I tried the chorizo a few years ago…not a fan. ☹️ I was disappointed but I had never had it before, even the non veggie kind. I think it’s the spices/seasoning.

I’m able to get tofu here and twice I bought it when I lived in New York and it was bad. So I’m a little hesitant. It’s a shame because I really like the texture.
they have the super firm tofu.
Lots of people love their chicken less mandarin orange.
I like their soy creamery ice cream which is competitively priced. vanilla and chocolate cherry. and their bonbons. and I just tried out their mini cones.
I also like their corn chip dippers. and their single serving prepared guacamole
They also have good prices on potatoes chips.
oh, and there is the jumbo raisins too.

I like their soy creamery ice cream which is competitively priced. vanilla and chocolate cherry. and their bonbons. and I just tried out their mini cones.
I also like their corn chip dippers. and their single serving prepared guacamole
I haven't had the soy ice cream since like the first month I went vegan! I liked it on hot apple pie, but not too much on its own. I'm curious how I'd like it now? I felt the same way about soy milk, but now it's a favorite!
They still have the chocolate cherry one? That's what I'd like!
I do keep those raisins, and I'm not a raisin fan! Bigger is better!

The vacuum packed tofu is only good if you like it dense-not me.
Funny she mentions spoiled--a few years back I was getting their orgainic tofu spoiled well within the due dates, one after another!

I'd quit shopping there if I can't get the soy chorizo or plain soy beverage!

I like the orange chicken.
I always bought their soy Ice cream…cherry vanilla. I hope they have the bon bons and/or cones.
The corn chips are delish. As are most of their chips. I don’t have much need for raisins.

I love vacuum packed super firm tofu. It’s my favorite. I just won’t chance it again from TJ’s. I can get super firm organic at stop n shop.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15
How did you prepare it? It can taste so different depending on the recipe you use.
Honestly I don’t remember. I think it was a barbecue recipe. It was mostly the texture that turned me off. It was very soft from what I remember. It was quite a few years ago. It just really left me turned off to it. It was packaged in the refrigerator case from Whole Foods, not canned.

Honestly I don’t remember. I think it was a barbecue recipe. It was mostly the texture that turned me off. It was very soft from what I remember. It was quite a few years ago. It just really left me turned off to it. It was packaged in the refrigerator case from Whole Foods, not canned.

I don't like those pouches with barbecue sauce with jf. The JF burgers that you get at Sainsbury's in the UK are delicious. I usually make a homemade slow cooked spicy barbecue style sauce to my taste when making jf. It tastes completely different to store brands.

I don't like those pouches with barbecue sauce with jf. The JF burgers that you get at Sainsbury's in the UK are delicious. I usually make a homemade slow cooked spicy barbecue style sauce to my taste when making jf. It tastes completely different to store brands.
It wasn’t pre-sauced. I made my own. Again I remember it being a texture issue. It ain’t easy being me lol. 😊

• Friendly
Have you ever air fried jackfruit? That could be good…

I think I like the air fryer so much because it dries out food…

About what I expected. They did not have a lot of stuff. A few I chose not to get.
The mini ice cream cones are really good as is the sunflower butter cup.EC5222E8-8E9C-4E3B-9E30-DA5505014F0A.jpeg

I've done bbq jackfruit a couple times, and while the second was spot on, it still wasnt' my thing
First I cooked it in IP with sauce to be sure fully cooked, then spread on baking sheet with more sauce and dry spices and baked a bit so it was more sticky. Just not my thing.
I do love BUtler soy curls BBQ! Or pulled seitan

I need to try soy curls again. I hated those too the first time I tried them. They tasted like what I would expect dry dog food to taste like lol. It was years ago, probably when I didn’t really know what I was doing. I’m a bit intrigued by them now.

I need to try soy curls again. I hated those too the first time I tried them. They tasted like what I would expect dry dog food to taste like lol. It was years ago, probably when I didn’t really know what I was doing. I’m a bit intrigued by them now.
I wasnt' a fan when I used flavorful broth to rehydrate,then prepare. I've found I like them a lot when i use water to rehydrate, then really press out all the water, even rolling in a towel. I then add marinade or dry spices and a bit of oil and treat just like you would cooked chicken
I got a 3 pound bag from https://countrylifefoods.com/43385094295/checkouts/570debd719af19bd9928aab6c93b5a22 for $15. I also got 5 pounds of vwg for $15

• Informative
Reactions: KLS52

I freeze TJ's tofu when I get it. Then I just take it out when I know I'm cooking it that day. I've had mine go bad, too, if I leave it in the fridge.

Reactions: KLS52
Trader Joes has a new seasoning blend- Green Goddess- that i've using a lot.
"This Seasoning Blend includes minced onion, salt, granulated garlic, ground black pepper, and a foursome of green herbs and veggies: dried chives, dried green onion, spinach powder, and dried parsley. The flavor is herbal and pleasantly oniony"

It does a citrus taste to it, like the 21 spice blend

I got the Citrusy Garlic seasoning blend when if first came out. I use it on my Cuban Black beans.