US New items at Trader Joe's

1633791711226.png
Soft Baked Sunflower Butter Cookies.

''Featuring a number of tasty ingredients—sunflower seed butter, cane sugar, dates, roasted sunflower seeds—these soft-baked cookies were incredibly sweet. They’re also gluten-free and don’t contain palm oil. ''

Reactions: KLS52 and Lou
LMAO at the parking lot tweets! It's so true! The TJ's near me is in a plaza that is a traffic nightmare. Way too many stores and cars.

Reactions: Amy SF and KLS52
Haha…the one in Danbury had a horrendous parking lot/traffic. But the one in Orange is fine.

Reactions: PTree15
I shopped at the one in Santa Monica from literally the day it opened almost to the day I moved to Agoura Hills. Because it was the only TJ’s for miles around, the parking at the Santa Monica location was an absolute nightmare, especially on Sundays, until a new store opened a few miles away in West Los Angeles. I remember parking in the bank parking lot across the street; the store finally reached an agreement with the bank that allowed TJ’s customers to park there if overflow parking was needed, but only on Sundays, when the bank was closed. And yes, the bank parking lot was absolutely needed.

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Mine had been in a busy shopping center, with a large lot used for all stores and restaurants. You had to get there early to get any spot!
They have since built a new store, larger, with their own sizable lot. They still managed to put in weird parking spaces in the very front, making it seem a real thing about obligatory awkward parking!

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
I would try the hearts of palm pasta.
Think they're like zoodles? Or actual pasta? 🤔
If I want pasta I'll have wheat pasta myself, I am not inclined to try other things. I like hearts of palm as they are
I dislike kimchi, so that's out.Those veg nuggets probably have some weird spice mix, or cilantro.

Those peanut chocolates make me want Reeses, so I may think of making buckeyes! Or just using that silicone tiny muffin tray I have, and melt some chips :lick:

Think they're like zoodles? Or actual pasta? 🤔
If I want pasta I'll have wheat pasta myself, I am not inclined to try other things. I like hearts of palm as they are
I dislike kimchi, so that's out.Those veg nuggets probably have some weird spice mix, or cilantro.

Those peanut chocolates make me want Reeses, so I may think of making buckeyes! Or just using that silicone tiny muffin tray I have, and melt some chips :lick:
I’m thinking pasta? If not then I’ll pass. I’m not a fan of doodles. I guess I was thinking it would be like artichoke pasta or red lentil pasta etc. But now I realize it can't be at 20 calories a serving with hearts of palm as the only ingredient. 🤦🏻‍♀️

I’m thinking pasta? If not then I’ll pass. I’m not a fan of doodles. I guess I was thinking it would be like artichoke pasta or red lentil pasta etc. But now I realize it can't be at 20 calories a serving with hearts of palm as the only ingredient. 🤦🏻‍♀️
Did you get the TJ's cheddar slices? I have them in the fridge and seriously considering a grilled cheese, but I don't have pickles :pout:
It's sad when what you have to eat makes or breaks your day :rofl:
I love TJ's bread and butter pickle slices! Aldi used to be the same, then they changed to corn syrup! Don't like that

Reactions: PTree15 and Lou
I did not see cheddar slices when I was there. But I wasn’t looking for them.

Now I want buckeyes. I have the ingredients too.

Anyone here like Feta?

I have no idea!
Really, I wish we could just make up vegan stuff and quit with the comparisons. Don't know how to to come up with words, as so many vegan foods have funny names.
I like Fred :grinning:
Last dairy I tasted was sour cream. My son had a side of it and I wanted to know if what I was calling sour cream was anything like it--it was definitely not! The sour cream was really disgusting.

I don't remember feta, but extra firm tofu in olive brine is super good

I have no idea!
Really, I wish we could just make up vegan stuff and quit with the comparisons. Don't know how to to come up with words, as so many vegan foods have funny names.
I like Fred :grinning:
Last dairy I tasted was sour cream. My son had a side of it and I wanted to know if what I was calling sour cream was anything like it--it was definitely not! The sour cream was really disgusting.

I don't remember feta, but extra firm tofu in olive brine is super good
Well, you bring up some good points.
I wonder if you are under the misapprehension that Feta is not a Real thing. It is a type of cheese. It is Greek and made from goats milk.
I think the last time I had it was over twenty years ago and I'm pretty sure I didn't like it. I see it all the time as an ingredient in salads - especially at TJs. so I'm thinking that with a non dairy Feta available there may be more vegan salad options at TJs too. Sometimes when I got to TJs I treat myself to a ready made salad. but there are only two that are vegan and I'm getting tired of the Super Spinach

After so many years of being vegan who can remember what things taste like anymore. Plus tastes change. And of course I'm reminded of that scene in the Matrix where the crew gets into a philosophical discussion on how things tastes. Who knows that things really taste like? Why does everything taste like chicken? What does chicken taste like?

For omnivores and prorto-vegans having vegan analogs for non-vegan products is a good thing. but for regular vegans, we probably aren't big fans of things that look or taste like animal products. So instead of some food chemist or chef spending time and effort on making a meat analog - maybe he could make something entirely different.

I love the Violife feta. I found that by freezing it, the texture gets crumbly! I had no idea. I just wasn’t using it fast enough and didn’t want it to go bad. When it thawed, it crumbled and that wasn’t a bad thing lol.

Well, you bring up some good points.
I wonder if you are under the misapprehension that Feta is not a Real thing. It is a type of cheese. It is Greek and made from goats milk.
I think the last time I had it was over twenty years ago and I'm pretty sure I didn't like it. I see it all the time as an ingredient in salads - especially at TJs. so I'm thinking that with a non dairy Feta available there may be more vegan salad options at TJs too. Sometimes when I got to TJs I treat myself to a ready made salad. but there are only two that are vegan and I'm getting tired of the Super Spinach

After so many years of being vegan who can remember what things taste like anymore. Plus tastes change. And of course I'm reminded of that scene in the Matrix where the crew gets into a philosophical discussion on how things tastes. Who knows that things really taste like? Why does everything taste like chicken? What does chicken taste like?

For omnivores and prorto-vegans having vegan analogs for non-vegan products is a good thing. but for regular vegans, we probably aren't big fans of things that look or taste like animal products. So instead of some food chemist or chef spending time and effort on making a meat analog - maybe he could make something entirely different.
I know feta is a thing! I used to really like blue cheese on salads, and never paid attention to feta. I think my son liked it. I only know it's salty?

What did you mean by "prorto-vegans?" 🤔

I also did a taste test on cheddar when I discovered how great the new vegan cheddars are--not that is close, but the vegan (cashew based) cheddars won. I'm too scared to try mozzerella!
I'll make what I think are so close to sausage patties and am told that no, no they're not.
On the other hand, the more real they make vegan burgers the less I seem to like them.

I still can't get over how disgusting the TJ's pizza was! People seem to like it!