US New items at Trader Joe's

Some of their veggie burgers aren’t vegan. What’s the point of a non-vegan veggie burger?
This is true but I guess they sell. Up until a few years ago (as far as I knew) only Boca had a vegan veggie burger.

The Boca Original is vegan. I think there are 4 products in that category. I don't think their other products are vegan. I'm not sure this is true but I think just the Boca products in a red box are vegan. but its probably worth double checking the ingredients

Many of the patties made by Morning Star are not vegan. Subways veggie patties are not vegan (in California, maybe they are vegan in other places.)

Anyway the list goes on. and maybe with twice as many vegetarians and flexitarians as vegans the companies don't see it as a priority. although why they feel the need to add milk and or eggs to their patties is weird.

Hmmm. Maybe the day when all veggie burgers are vegan will be the day where we hit the "tipping point"

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC
Pretty sure this is vegan. I love it but it did not get good reviews. It’s very soft and does not hold up like other burgers.
DF88932E-3525-491C-94E0-248806C079B4.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: shyvas
This is true but I guess they sell. Up until a few years ago (as far as I knew) only Boca had a vegan veggie burger.

The Boca Original is vegan. I think there are 4 products in that category. I don't think their other products are vegan. I'm not sure this is true but I think just the Boca products in a red box are vegan. but its probably worth double checking the ingredients

Many of the patties made by Morning Star are not vegan. Subways veggie patties are not vegan (in California, maybe they are vegan in other places.)

Anyway the list goes on. and maybe with twice as many vegetarians and flexitarians as vegans the companies don't see it as a priority. although why they feel the need to add milk and or eggs to their patties is weird.

Hmmm. Maybe the day when all veggie burgers are vegan will be the day where we hit the "tipping point"

Amy’s has made vegan veggie burgers for as long as I can remember. I was vegan in 2004 and I ate those. (Though not often - I’m usually very WF, except right now when fake meat is convenient because of its shelf life.)

I’ve never been a fan of Boca. I don’t like the taste.

@Lou - I think, anecdotally, vegetarianism seems to be on the decline. The trend seems to be towards veganism or PB (flex, leaning veg).

Reactions: Lou
Amy’s has made vegan veggie burgers for as long as I can remember. I was vegan in 2004 and I ate those. (Though not often - I’m usually very WF, except right now when fake meat is convenient because of its shelf life.)

I’ve never been a fan of Boca. I don’t like the taste.
You know, I've seen Amy's millions of times in the grocery store. I don't know why but I have never had one.

@Lou - I think, anecdotally, vegetarianism seems to be on the decline. The trend seems to be towards veganism or PB (flex, leaning veg).
Maybe but I think it could just be a labeling thing. Back in the day you were vegan or vegetarian. Now you are vegan or vegetarian or WFPB or Flexatarian or Vegantarian, or Vegeterranean (don't laugh I read the book).

Reactions: Urban Gardener
Maybe but I think it could just be a labeling thing. Back in the day you were vegan or vegetarian. Now you are vegan or vegetarian or WFPB or Flexatarian or Vegantarian, or Vegeterranean (don't laugh I read the book).

No, I used to know plenty of vegetarians - people who ate dairy and eggs but not meat. Now I don’t know any vegetarians. Everyone’s vegan, PB or omni.

Re: Burgers - Try Amy’s! They’ve always been my favorite. I wish I could get them where I live. I’ll probably have to wait until after the pandemic.

No, I used to know plenty of vegetarians - people who ate dairy and eggs but not meat. Now I don’t know any vegetarians. Everyone’s vegan, PB or omni.

Re: Burgers - Try Amy’s! They’ve always been my favorite. I wish I could get them where I live. I’ll probably have to wait until after the pandemic.
I've seen them at Molly Stone's so next time I'm there.

on a related note, I got some Field Roast burgers last month. price wise between Boca and Beyond. But I thought they were the best tasting.

just so that we Canadians don't feel left out, we do have a similar option available at one of our largest grocery chains...

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

TJ's still hasn't gotten a shipment of the shelf stable Soy Beverage :sigh:. I called yesterday morning and they were expecting a couple cases, but just now called to find they didn't get any!
I wanted to make soy yogurt without the extra quart from the Westsoy, which is the only one I've found that works well. I only find 2 quart cartons.
Maybe I should just make more yogurt? My son recently became a fan after trying it on spicy foods. Before I was the only one, he only ate the yogurt cheeses

I googled hoping to find an answer.

I found this discussion on Reddit.
Doesn't really help. But Silva, you are not alone.

I know. I think it was early fall when they told me.
I have one more 2 quart carton of Westsoy, so I'll be good till next weekend.
There were a few other things I'm missing, like the wild blueberries! I got jackfruit from the Asian grocery.

It's kinda funny because it was back when TJ's had their own soy yogurt in the big tubs, cheap, that got me liking soy yogurt. When that went away I never got it till I bought the IP and made my own!

Reactions: Urban Gardener
I know. I think it was early fall when they told me.
I have one more 2 quart carton of Westsoy, so I'll be good till next weekend.
There were a few other things I'm missing, like the wild blueberries! I got jackfruit from the Asian grocery.

It's kinda funny because it was back when TJ's had their own soy yogurt in the big tubs, cheap, that got me liking soy yogurt. When that went away I never got it till I bought the IP and made my own!
I never buy yogurt anymore.
but...
I have a new recipe for overnight oats. Yogurt is an ingredient. So I will buy some at Safeway next week.