US New items at Trader Joe's

Big disappointment. No chocolate bars and strawberry ice cream. I got some other stuff like vegetables and fruit and a few staples.

• Sad
Reactions: shyvas and Lou
I can’t imagine that it does but my curiosity is peaked. I’m tempted to try a piece before I leave the store, that way, in the event that I like it, I can buy 2-3, or 4 lol.
I really miss milk chocolate. Dark is ok and I’ll eat it but I don’t enjoy it like I do milk chocolate.
Yeah! I never open anything IN a store, but if you wait to get in the car you'd have to get back in line!
I had really delicious vegan milk chocolate at a veg fest, but I lost the womans website. I haven't liked any I had in stores.
Seriously, Aldi Moser Roth sea salt dark chocolate tastes more like milk chocolate to me, it lacks the slight bitter quality of dark, but it is dark and vegan. Best dark chocolates ever!

Reactions: KLS52
Big disappointment. No chocolate bars and strawberry ice cream. I got some other stuff like vegetables and fruit and a few staples.
What!!! You went and they had none?
Last time I was there I asked before getting in line, cause they were all out of the soy beverage, and that's just what I needed.
Dam that store can irritate me!

• Sad
I have to make a list of all this stuff and see which ones are at my TJs.

I did see the Hot Dark Chocolate Sticks are back. they make the best hot chocolate.
It's a seasonal item. so I bought two boxes.

and super extra firm tofu was back in stock. I bought two of those too.

I've become quite a fan of their Jumbo mixed raisins. Never cared much for raisins, but these are so much better! Fresher, just tastier, and a variety of flavor. I often use them in my oatmeal .

I've become quite a fan of their Jumbo mixed raisins. Never cared much for raisins, but these are so much better! Fresher, just tastier, and a variety of flavor. I often use them in my oatmeal .
I just got some for my oatmeal!

:sun:

Aldi has their brands of some things- the almond nog, the peppermint oreo types, almond cocoa peppermint creamer. Their gingerbread however is not vegan! They had good pumpkin bread that was though.
I have to say some things sound awful! Maple-espresso-black tea :yuck:.and chocolate mint coconut ice cream bon bons :yuck:

I do want some vegan regular marshmallows! I need to look up a recipe using agar--I have that now!

Found one I want to try--https://www.seitanismymotor.com/2015/04/homemade-vegan-marshmallows/

I went to Trader Joes this morning, I forgot to check this thread before making my shopping list.
I did see the Strawberry Oat Milk Frozen Dessert. but I am not a big fan of strawberry ice cream. They had all the other flavors, too.
They are out of the Hot Chocolate Sticks already. Forgot to look for the Bon Bons. Got the vegan chocolate chip cookies instead of Jo Jos. I bought the Trader Joe's vegan cream cheese instead of Myokos. Didn't need any other cheeses. Didn't see any milk chocolate bars either. I did buy a dark chocolate bar.
Main issue is that they haven't had any soy milk in at least a month. I asked and they said it was a "supply chain issue". Everyone else has soy milk so it can't be a soybean shortage. I was thinking of buying some other kind of milk that I haven't had before but nothing peaked my curiosity.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
Trader Joe’s Cuban Style Citrusy Garlic Seasoning Blend

Reactions: Emma JC

TRADER JOE’S IS LAUNCHING NEW DAIRY-FREE DIPS

The chain is launching vegan tzatziki and caramelized onion dips which, according to Trader Joe’s’ tasting panel, “actually tasted better or the same as the full dairy versions.”

Trader Joe’s Vice President of Marketing Matt Sloan explained that demand for vegan food is booming. “I remember the time when if you put the word ‘vegan’ on a package, it could actually hurt its sales,” Sloan said. “But maybe in the last five years, and certainly more intensely in the last couple of years, we’ve seen this tremendous increase in customer interest for plant-based foods.”
The new dips will join an existing (and growing) array of vegan versions of dairy-based products at Trader Joe’s, including Cheddar Style Slices and Mozzarella Style Shreds vegan cheeses, refrigerated meal Vegan Mac and Cheese, Vegan Ranch Dip, Cheese-less Cheesecakes, Non Dairy Mint & Chip Bon Bons, and more.
Trader Joe’s Is Launching New Dairy-Free Dips

Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
I'd be much happier if they'd just take out the animal products that don't even belong in so many foods! Honey, gelatine, all the dairy and egg by products