US New items at Trader Joe's

I am so jealous, we do not have Trader Joe's north of the border.

Emma JC
One of the nice things about TJ's is that the employees are (IME) always in a good mood, so much so that going there always lifts my day.

I commented on that once to a cashier, and she laughed and said, "It's the drugs they give us in back."

Let us know what you think of it when you taste it. It states coconut milk and tamarind so it may be slightly sweeter than traditional gravy. :p
I am curious as well as I've yet to find a vegan gravy I can stomach. I've shied away from mushroom-based ones because I don't care for mushrooms. Do such gravies have a distinct mushroom flavor?

• Friendly
Reactions: shyvas
One of the nice things about TJ's is that the employees are (IME) always in a good mood, so much so that going there always lifts my day.

I commented on that once to a cashier, and she laughed and said, "It's the drugs they give us in back."
LOL, I have noticed this as well. They are all very personable and cheerful. I've never encountered a grump clerk there. I'm due for a trip there soon. :)

• Agree
Have you heard of Pirate Joe's that launched a store in Vancouver ? They had to close it down due to a legal battle between them and TJ's in the US.

I do remember hearing something about them, a while ago, weren't they actually bringing Trader Joe's products across the border and reselling them?

Emma JC

• Informative
I am curious as well as I've yet to find a vegan gravy I can stomach. I've shied away from mushroom-based ones because I don't care for mushrooms. Do such gravies have a distinct mushroom flavor?

I always make JO's vegan gravy. It really tastes fabulous and you can omit the mushrooms in the recipe. It also freezes very well. 👍

Reactions: Emma JC
Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
Ha! that reminds me of a story about a college student who had an "out of the trunk of his car" business and was importing Crispy Cremes. Not across the border, just to a city that didn't have a Crispy Creme.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
Ha! that reminds me of a story about a college student who had an "out of the trunk of his car" business and was importing Crispy Cremes. Not across the border, just to a city that didn't have a Crispy Creme.
Darn I used to love Crispy creams! They didn’t sell them in my area. Wish that college student would have come by my house, lol.

• Haha
I've never tried them but have heard about them. What's so special about them ? :p
I’m not sure...it’s been years since I’ve had them. I remember them being a lighter texture, I think, than Dunkin’ Donuts. Really crispy on the outside and light and tender inside. :yum

I’m not sure...it’s been years since I’ve had them. I remember them being a lighter texture, I think, than Dunkin’ Donuts. Really crispy on the outside and light and tender inside. :yum

I don't think that I've ever taste Dunkin' Donuts before !:grinning: To my mind the best doughnuts ever, are from Sainsbury's. :p

I don't think that I've ever taste Dunkin' Donuts before !:grinning: To my mind the best doughnuts ever, are from Sainsbury's. :p
I’m sure, but we can’t all be so lucky, haha. 😊

• Haha
I used to think the Enterman's made the best donuts.
I forgot about Entennman’s. They were amazing. I even loved their fruitcake! Fruitcake gets such a bad rap lol. But I really liked Entennman’s. I’m not even sure they still make it but never see it anymore but it could be because it’s not vegan so I’m not looking for it.