TV & Film Movie Lounge

Raven

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Christmas movies start tonight on the Hallmark Movies and Mysteries channel at 8 pm EST.
I must have read that the other day as I had a dream that night that I was looking at a fully decorated tree in my living room! I think I will finally get a real tree this year after saying it for the last ten years! I know there is a place that sells real trees around here as I walked past it last xmas when I went down here for the day.:)

• Friendly
  • Love
Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52

StrangeOtter

Welcome to the freak show
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Movie about Nils-Aslak Valkeapää, who was an Saame poet and an musician. Yoik is very beautiful.

Váimmustan lea biegga / Tuuli käy läpi sydämein (the wind is blowing through my heart)

Reactions: Emma JC

Emma JC

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Cold Mountain is now on Netflix here and so we watched it last night and it is an excellent movie - from 2003 - so many great actors, Nicole Kidman, Jude Law, Renee Zellweger, Natalie Portman and the list goes on...

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: Lou

StrangeOtter

Welcome to the freak show
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Yesterday I watched Tokyo Godfathers. It was in Japanese and probably with Arabic subtitles, so I understood very little of what was said, but that didn't bother me. I love that movie. Last time I saw it was when I was a teen.

Tokyo Godfathers (2003) - IMDb

Chryssie

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
I just finished watching the new version of "Westside Story". It was amazing! I had seen the original a couple of times years ago but this still brought me to tears. (of course we know the whole Romeo and Juliet story is not a happy ending) Outstanding re-make!

Chryssie

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
I watched a really good Disney+ original movie called "Rise". It is the true story of a Nigerian family whose 3 sons became NBA stars. While I am not a sports fan, I love a good inspirational sports story. This one was outstanding.

Emma JC

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
we watched Good Luck to you, Leo Grande last night on Prime - Emma Thompson, Daryl McCormack - so different and so good and Emma is very brave to do what she did in the film - I saw her on Stephen Colbert a couple of weeks ago and so I did have a hint as to what was coming

Emma JC

Lou

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
we watched Good Luck to you, Leo Grande last night on Prime - Emma Thompson, Daryl McCormack - so different and so good and Emma is very brave to do what she did in the film - I saw her on Stephen Colbert a couple of weeks ago and so I did have a hint as to what was coming

Emma JC
What did she do?
maybe you should put it in a spoiler thing for those who plan on watching it.