TV & Film Movie Lounge

last night we watched Girl in the Picture on Netflix - it was fascinating and sad - more of a documentary about a true crime

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com
I read more today that a lot of people found that very disturbing. I think I will give that a miss.

I did read about another documentary film called The Imposter that is meant to be very good. It is old, from 2012. I might watch that one.

Added link - I definitely will watch this film. The Imposter - Rotten Tomatoes

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
We watched The Gray Man, over the weekend - very violent, the Ryan de Gosling is always fun to watch, and another of the Chris'es is in it, Chris Evans and also Dhanush and Ana de Armas and I just see there is going to be a sequel. Based on a book.

Emma JC

We watched The Gray Man, over the weekend - very violent, the Ryan de Gosling is always fun to watch, and another of the Chris'es is in it, Chris Evans and also Dhanush and Ana de Armas and I just see there is going to be a sequel. Based on a book.

Emma JC
I watched it too. it got a lot of buzz last week. A lot of firsts or records for Netflix.

Sort of like a James Bond film. A lot of exotic locales, exotic cars, exotic ladies. a lot of expensive fights and car chases, too.

Oh. and I liked it a lot.

last night we watched Irresistible, a Jon Stewart film with all kinds of people including Steve Carell - it was fun and definitely a political statement and be sure to watch through to the end

Emma JC

Reactions: KLS52 and Lou
picked up Queen Bees at the library and watched it... it was fun - Ann-Margret, Ellen Burnstyn, Jane Curtain, Loretta Devine, Christopher Lloyd and James Caan (one of his last as he died last month)

Emma JC

we watched Tenet last night and despite its 7.0 rating we didn't really like it - too complicated - we love time travel paradox stuff and yet this was over the top for us and hard to follow - it seems it set itself up for a sequel, don't think we will watch it

Emma JC

• Informative
Reactions: Andy_T and Lou
Mentioned in the chat thread but thought I would re-post here. An Amazon movie worth watching called "Thirteen Lives". True story and really good.

Watched the following Danish film last night on Netflix and I thoroughly enjoyed it :

I think I need to get off audiobooks for awhile and watch a few movies…sounds like some good ones based on recent comments in this thread.