TV & Film Movie Lounge

we watched and loved it too..... I am almost disappointed that it is not a series

Have you or has anyone watched Kiss the Ground? my brother and sis-in-law watched it and thought I would enjoy it.

Emma JC

I put Kiss the Ground on my List.

Strangely this sounds very much like another documentary that just came out, The Need To Grow. they had a time period where you could watch if for free. But I missed it. It would be interesting to compare and contrast the two films. Also I wonder if there is an interesting backstory.

Reactions: Emma JC
Whyyyyyyy do I torture myself???? 😭😭😭

It was good though.

Watched Jojo Rabbit. A weirdly satirical take on the Nazi youth movement. I thought a very good movie.

The Pit and the Pendulum...very nerve wracking for an old movie lol.

“I struggled no more, but the agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long, and final scream of despair.” ☠️💀☠️

I have a bunch of Vincent Price movies in the queue on Amazon Prime. Starting off with Tales of Terror.
When I was a kid, the theater in Lake Park would show horror movies on Saturday afternoon. It was great! I saw quite a few of Vincent Price's movies.

Reactions: KLS52
I put Kiss the Ground on my List.

Strangely this sounds very much like another documentary that just came out, The Need To Grow. they had a time period where you could watch if for free. But I missed it. It would be interesting to compare and contrast the two films. Also I wonder if there is an interesting backstory.

I thought I came back and posted that we did watch Kiss the Ground (seems I didn't) and it was excellent. Not vegan oriented, life oriented and vital really.

If you have time it is worth watching for sure!

Emma JC

Another movie just recommended to me is Totally Under Control - so far only available on paid platforms so we haven't watched it yet and as I read and involve myself so much in US politics/covid, I am a bit reluctant to watch a documentary about it all. It does sound interesting, has anyone watched it? It was made in secret. Here is the trailer:

Emma JC

• Wow
Reactions: Raven and Lou
I'm on a 90s movies kick.I watched Scream last night and I have 10 Things I Hate About You for tonight.

Reactions: Chryssie
For Halloween I am now watching Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein then I will watch them meet the mummy. 😁

To avoid election coverage I streamed this movie "The Irishman" which was released last year. It ended up on Netflix. It was really good though very long. The "de-aging" of the stars, Robert De Niro, Al Pacino and Joe Pesci, was a little weird but can be ignored. The movie spanned several decades. It was based on a book and was about Jimmy Hoffa (Pacino) and the mob.

Reactions: Raven and Lou
To avoid election coverage I streamed this movie "The Irishman" which was released last year. It ended up on Netflix.
I watched a film last night for the same reason. :D

I started watching The Boy 2 as I liked the first film. I did read it got terrible reviews but I gave it a try and I thought it was watchable. I'm going to watch the end later.

Reactions: Chryssie