TV & Film Movie Lounge

I watched How Do You Know on Netflix. Didn't realize till it was over it is a 2010 film. I thought it was a made for Netflix movie. But the 2010 date does explain why Reese Witherspoon stopped aging. :)

Starring Reese Witherspoon, Pual Rudd, Jack Nicholson, and Owen Wilson.

Not a great film but pleasant and fun to watch.

Oh, oh. Just checked and it was a box office bomb and got terrible reviews too.

• Informative
Reactions: Val
I watched Just Mercy starring Jamie Foxx and Michael B. Jordan. It was made in 2019 and is a true story based on a book. Very good movie! (the italics will not go off!)

Reactions: Val and Lou
We are going to watch Bad Boys for Life this weekend.

Reactions: Val
I just watched "The Thing" (2011). I can see that this didn't make a lot of money. :p Big plus for actual using Norwegian actors to play Norwegian speaking part of cause. That is something that has become much better than it was example in the 90ies. Then you found people speaking fake Norwegian. :p

But quite interesting of the two Norwegian songs they picked out for them to sing. Sami Ædnan and a children's song about a cuckoo. :p

RBG , not a movie but a doco about Ruth Bader Ginsburg she is an associate justice of the Supreme Court USA .
A good person that has a genuine unpretentious about her , and contributed a lot to society.

I just watched "The Thing" (2011). I can see that this didn't make a lot of money. :p Big plus for actual using Norwegian actors to play Norwegian speaking part of cause. That is something that has become much better than it was example in the 90ies. Then you found people speaking fake Norwegian. :p

But quite interesting of the two Norwegian songs they picked out for them to sing. Sami Ædnan and a children's song about a cuckoo. :p

Thanks!💖 It's always nice to see old videos of music contests, including Eurovision.
What about this children's "Cuckoo" song,- i heard it translated into different languages, including Russian. They say, originally it was Estonian, but who knows... Here it is, performed in Russian (a little modified, but recognizable):

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and Mikkel
Thanks!💖 It's always nice to see old videos of music contests, including Eurovision.
What about this children's "Cuckoo" song,- i heard it translated into different languages, including Russian. They say, originally it was Estonian, but who knows... Here it is, performed in Russian (a little modified, but recognizable):

That's cool! And very easy to recognize! I guess a lot of children's songs are international, as I hear the notes on pianos in movies from different countries too.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and Val
I just watched "Get On Up" starring Chadwick Boseman and several other well known actors. It was released in 2014. This is the story of James Brown and how he rose to fame. A sad note, the actor who played Brown's best friend, also tragically died at a young age in 2017. I was never a James Brown fan, but this movie was really good.

• Friendly
  • Informative
Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
I think this is the excuse I needed to get a free trail for Hulu.

So I watched it last night and it was really really good.

At the very end they explained that Ivan was a real gorilla. and the story was based on a real true story. I had no idea. They even had pictures of the real Ivan.

Although The One and Only Ivan is an entirely fictional story, it is inspired by the true story of Ivan,[8] who lived in a similar situation for 27 years.[9] Eventually Ivan was adopted by Zoo Atlanta in 1994.[10]
-https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_One_and_Only_Ivan

I just watched "Get On Up" starring Chadwick Boseman and several other well known actors. It was released in 2014. This is the story of James Brown and how he rose to fame. A sad note, the actor who played Brown's best friend, also tragically died at a young age in 2017. I was never a James Brown fan, but this movie was really good.

It’s a good watch chryssie to project Browns personality on screen would have been a challenge.

• Informative
Reactions: shyvas
Currently watching Pay the Ghost 👻 in preparation for Halloween. 🎃

Enola Holmes on Netflix. what a great movie.
I have a quirk. I hate when a writer takes the name of a famous fictional character and then completely changes it. Strangely enough, the best examples of this is some of the newer versions of Sherlock Holmes. So i wasn't so sure about this spinoff. Maybe the thing that saved this movie from me having That issue is that Enola Holmes never existed in any of the original books or short stories. So Enola is a blank canvas.

in this movie, Enola is Sherlock's little sister. and she is very captivating. In the movie, she is 16, and the actress who plays her is also 16. the actress is the same one who plays Eleven in Stranger Things - which i just loved. Although she looked familiar I didn't make the connection till the credits played.

Reactions: Chryssie
Enola Holmes on Netflix. what a great movie.
I have a quirk. I hate when a writer takes the name of a famous fictional character and then completely changes it. Strangely enough, the best examples of this is some of the newer versions of Sherlock Holmes. So i wasn't so sure about this spinoff. Maybe the thing that saved this movie from me having That issue is that Enola Holmes never existed in any of the original books or short stories. So Enola is a blank canvas.

in this movie, Enola is Sherlock's little sister. and she is very captivating. In the movie, she is 16, and the actress who plays her is also 16. the actress is the same one who plays Eleven in Stranger Things - which i just loved. Although she looked familiar I didn't make the connection till the credits played.

we watched and loved it too..... I am almost disappointed that it is not a series

Have you or has anyone watched Kiss the Ground? my brother and sis-in-law watched it and thought I would enjoy it.

Emma JC

Almost?! I'm hoping for a sequel. I just learned it's based on a series of books. So maybe we can read those in the meantime.

we only have the first book of the series in our library and it is a 10 week waiting period for it due to the number of holds

Emma JC